Collapse
No announcement yet.

Amir Khan Wants Lucas Matthysse December 15, on HBO

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Like I said, I may not be a fan of Khan, but no man can knock his balls he has a pair that'll make some jealous.

Comment

Originally posted by Prince_Pugilist View Post
      Bradley's best opponent is Pacquiao so I won't make any arguments about who has the better resume, but pre-Pac Bradley was on equal footing with Khan.

Alexander lost to Kotelnyk, who Khan handily beat, fought Urango who who is an average boxer at best (good power though), lost to Matthyse, beat a past it Witter and quit like a baby against Bradley.

^^^ Khan is miles better.

McCloskey was a tune up in a sense but he was fighting the best ww in Europe, with British boxing's biggest winning streak at the time.
      No way in hell was Malignaggi a tune up, the only two guys to clearly beat him are Cotto and Hatton, both top level opponents. I'd say Khan did an even better job, in MSG...Malignaggi's hometown, while Khan was clearly the bigger name.
      I like that you deal in fact..Bradley always had a better resume then Khan...They were not on the same footing as you called it...Bradley was two time unified champ Khan was not...He only fought Paulie because he knew Paulie had no shot at hurting him..Nobody wanted to see that fight,and nobody wanted to see him fighting Mccloskey...Now if ya deal in fact,this is all fact...

Comment

Originally posted by Rome-By-Ko View Post
        That's ya opinion...I happen to not agree with it..Robbery is the word that get's thrown around this site way to often..I've heard Ortiz Peterson was a robbery..Pac Bradley Pac Marquez Judah Matt's Matt's Alexander..Dude they were all close fights..I felt Matt's beat Alexander,but only had him up a point by the final bell..Did the decision fell a lil home cooked..Yes it did,but it was a close fight imo..I had Judah beating Matt's in a close fight...People see a knockdown and let it cloud their vision for the rest of the fight...Both those fights were close,and bottom line Matt's did not win them...How bout we stay on track with facts shall we...
        The facts can be deceiving. Facts say Paul Williams beat Lara and many other things, my opinion is based on what I see, not what the judges decide.

The score of 96-93 in the Alexander fight to me is worthy of the term robbery, the other scores weren't as bad to fall in that category but having watched the Alexander and Judah fights many times, I personally can't see how he lost either fight.
        Last edited by gmc_rfc_06; 09-12-2012, 06:43 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Prince_Pugilist View Post
          I would like to have replied to all the points you make, but your starting off point was completely wrong, so everything that comes after does not warrant too much consideration on my part.

Khan has never won a world championship which was vacant, he fought champion Kotelnyk and champion Judah and fought Garcia when Garcia was champion. If anyone won a vacant title it was Judah and Garcia.

See, I only deal in facts.

So he beat Kotelnyk, a rather plain Euro level operator and an inconsistent mental midget who in decades have never beaten a single world class operator between them unless you class 'Maidana' and Kotelnyks shoddy victory over him as world class.

These fighters are just names, they're not world class. Gatekeepers to world level.

All Amir has beat is names of plodders & defensive midgets.

He has fought 3 guys his own height and lost in embarrassing fashion everytime, coincidence? Of course not! He only looks impressive against zombies & defensive midgets, FACT! The guy is a fraud that should go back to the U.K & try avenge his loss to Prescott because I for one am fully convinced that loss was no fluke and he is not even on Prescotts level.

Comment

Bad move for Khan if this turns out to be the case. He'll be getting KTFO...again

Comment

So he wants a tough fight and he is an idiot for it? SMH at "Boxing fans"

Comment

Originally posted by BartBears View Post
                IDK he obviously seems confident he can beat Matthysse.
                He seemed confident he could beat Garcia too..
                I dont think this is a smart move at this point, Mathysse is a beast!

Comment

Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
                  The facts can be deceiving. Facts say Paul Williams beat Lara and many other things, my opinion is based on what I see, not what the judges decide.

The score of 96-93 in the Alexander fight to me is worthy of the term robbery, the other scores weren't as bad to fall in that category but having watched the Alexander and Judah fights many times, I personally can't see how he lost either fight.
                  Fact is Pwill did best Lara..Did I agree,no I did not...But fact is my opinion won't change Lara record...

Comment

What has khan done to earn a fight with mathysse

Whens the last time he won a fight?

I doubt this will even be competive. Id rather see mathysse fight marquez

Comment

Originally posted by Rome-By-Ko View Post
                      Fact is Pwill did best Lara..Did I agree,no I did not...But fact is my opinion won't change Lara record...
                      Hence the 'facts can be deceiving'.

Comment

Working...
                      X