No announcement yet.

Julio Diaz Gave Porter a Harder Time Than Devon

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Julio Diaz Gave Porter a Harder Time Than Devon

Goes to prove Julio Diaz putting pressure on both Khan and Porter was the real deal. Khans fight with Diaz doesn't look too bad now

Devon probably couldn't even beat Julio Diaz

Originally posted by FrankieBruno View Post
    Goes to prove Julio Diaz putting pressure on both Khan and Porter was the real deal. Khans fight with Diaz doesn't look too bad now

Devon probably couldn't even beat Julio Diaz
    And Malignaggi beat Judah more impressively than Matthysse and Garcia. It doesn't mean Paulie beats either of those guys.

Comment

Originally posted by bigcursedawg View Post
      And Malignaggi beat Judah more impressively than Matthysse and Garcia. It doesn't mean Paulie beats either of those guys.
      This. Styles make fights. Devon couldn't deal with the constant pressure though. He really hasn't progressed as a fighter. People criticize Devon too much. He takes on everyone and showed a lot of heart in this fight.

Khan backs out of the fight with him and reaps all the rewards. Devon has another loss and Khan will be fighting Floyd.

Comment

I'm not even shocked really, I knew Porter had a very winnable fight in front of him. Porter isn't gonna last either, a counter puncher will take care of that recklessness.

Comment

You are really reaching with this thread trying to say Diaz would beat Alexander and Khan would beat Alexander. Khan had his chance to try to defeat Alexander but he chickened out. If Khan had fought and defeated Alexander I would have no problem with Khan fighting Mayweather. The Diaz that Khan fought was unranked by everyone except boxrec and they had him #38 at welterweight. Khan fought Diaz in England at a catchweight of 143 and had to get off the deck to barely beat Diaz with help from the English referee. That does not earn Khan a Mayweather fight. Porter earned a Mayweather fight by beating Alexander, not in theory but in the ring where it counts. Khan will get his undeserved fight with Floyd because he is low risk, high reward. After Mayweather KOs Khan I think Khan's days as a world champion will be finished.

Comment

khan rushes in alot aswell thats why i thought he woulda beat alexander. alexander dosent like pressure bradley proved it and porter did it aswell. so did mathysse and kotelnik.

Julio diaz is much stronger at 147 then he was at 140 and he wobbled khan alot but khan outboxed him clearly

Comment

I am not a believer in comparing the performance of a fighter against said opponent to gauge the talent level of another fighter.

These guys like Porter get extra motivation during camp when they fight these recognizable names in the sport. They know the significance and the credit they will get so not only do they go the extra mile during camp, they also go the extra mile during the fight.

Even Khan said it and I noticed it myself, this was a different better version of Porter; not quite the version of him we are used to seeing.

Comment

Working...
              X