No announcement yet.

canelo KILLS lara

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 915angel View Post
    good news for you lara fans dan rafael just posted on twitter that team lara said al haymon is now his advisior so he should get some bigger fights

still think henry beats this guy

lol lara fans

i talk objectively about a fighter with legitimate input and i'm labeled as a fan

a ride til i die lara fan, lol
    i think i'd be the first.

i'm a boxing fan, kid
    i was around before erislandy lara and i'll be here when he's all done. i call it like i see it. i have no allegiance to lara that outweighs an objective look at a very solid boxer with a bit of hard luck

do i like lara?
    sure. i like a lot of guys
    i like canelo more than i like lara. he's perhaps my favorite young fighter
    you just equate view opposite to your own as fanboyism

that's only because you're a fanboy.

Comment

• Originally posted by New England View Post
      canelo is a good technician
      solid chin
      decent handspeed
      terrific power.

if lara had troubles with the size and physical strength of freddie hernandez he's going to have serious trouble with canelo. serious trouble.

that being said, he's not going to "get killed"
      canelo isnt a go out and kill you type of fighter. he's patient. he works from the outside. he's technical. these are all characteristics of a style that lara can handle. that's not a bad style for lara to fight. he's faster of hand and foot, equally technical, and he's still a boxer at heart. he's a southpaw.

especially after seeing last night's fight, and seeing how strong and physical hernandez looked against lara, i think that canelo would be too much for him. he'll be in the fight, but he's going to have a very difficult time winning.

his style isnt much like trout's, but i think the same sort of obstacles remain. lara's going to have a hard time winning a decision against canelo with his style. canelo is too big and strong, and he's too technical

i think a nightmare style for canelo would be a tall boxer with real power. canelo doesnt move his head enough.
      I'm not convinced. I gave him a pass for getting buzzed by Jose Cotto, but he hasn't been hit by a true 154lber yet. Lara has power/speed/technique/foot-work/work-rate/stamina/counter-punching ability/can fight on the outside and inside, and he has a decent defense. Canelo's power will be rendered useless if he can't consistently land his shots, and he doesn't have the kind of work-rate that will force Lara to fight on his toes. Lara will be able to sit down on his punches all night long. Canelo will **** around and get hurt in an exchange if he isn't careful.
      Last edited by kiaba360; 07-01-2012, 01:51 PM.

Comment

lol lara fans

i talk objectively about a fighter with legitimate input and i'm labeled as a fan

a ride til i die lara fan, lol
        i think i'd be the first.

i'm a boxing fan, kid
        i was around before erislandy lara and i'll be here when he's all done. i call it like i see it. i have no allegiance to lara that outweighs an objective look at a very solid boxer with a bit of hard luck

do i like lara?
        sure. i like a lot of guys
        i like canelo more than i like lara. he's perhaps my favorite young fighter
        you just equate view opposite to your own as fanboyism

that's only because you're a fanboy.
        smh -_- are u saying im a lara fan? when im the one who made this thread did u not read the title?

Comment

• Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
          Alvarez's defense is why he would lose to Lara, IMO.
          well the kid does not move his head.

i think he's thinking offense (even when he's not throwing, which is a flaw) to the point that it takes away from his defense.

he's also not very fast.

i still dont think lara can hurt him, or that his defense would be so leaky that he could by piling up lots of damage over the course of the fight

i could see lara touching canelo up (all of his opponents hit him, they just dont hurt him)
          i cant see him getting the balance of the rounds though, not on a judges scorecard anyway. he's got a style that's easy to rob and that fits into canelo's gameplan.

Comment

canelo is a good technician
            solid chin
            decent handspeed
            terrific power.

if lara had troubles with the size and physical strength of freddie hernandez he's going to have serious trouble with canelo. serious trouble.

that being said, he's not going to "get killed"
            canelo isnt a go out and kill you type of fighter. he's patient. he works from the outside. he's technical. these are all characteristics of a style that lara can handle. that's not a bad style for lara to fight. he's faster of hand and foot, equally technical, and he's still a boxer at heart. he's a southpaw.

especially after seeing last night's fight, and seeing how strong and physical hernandez looked against lara, i think that canelo would be too much for him. he'll be in the fight, but he's going to have a very difficult time winning.

his style isnt much like trout's, but i think the same sort of obstacles remain. lara's going to have a hard time winning a decision against canelo with his style. canelo is too big and strong, and he's too technical

i think a nightmare style for canelo would be a tall boxer with real power. canelo doesnt move his head enough.
            I didn't c Hernandez giving him any physical problems, Lara gave him a lesson from start to finish and busted him up real good and Hernandez throws more punches than Ginger, IMO Canelo will get stopped or it will be so one sided that his corner will jump and save him, they are not at the same level and the only reason we are talking about Canelo in the same sentence with Lara is because he have a Belt and the propaganda behind it, a Belt that he hasn't earned, without that belt we should be following his career as a prospect but GBP+WBC made the mistake of giving him that Birthday gift and they are paying for it now.

Comment

• Originally posted by 915angel View Post
              smh -_- are u saying im a lara fan? when im the one who made this thread did u not read the title?

no im not saying that at all

did you even read the post?

my ability to comprehend what i read shouldnt be your chief concern. i read what you had to say and understand the premise of the thread just fine.

Comment

because i've been watching and reading books about boxing for fifteen f#cking years. and i used to fight.
                i know what a good chin looks like. i know what power looks like.

every opponent he's ever been in the ring with fought like they respect his power

against gomez, cintron, baldomir, normally relatively durable and gatekeeper type guys, as soon as he got close enough to hit them with his best shots they started to get hurt

when he was hurt against jose cotto he was 19 years old
                19. he takes a very good shot.
                is he impervious to damage? not from what i've seen, but the kid doesnt move his head much and he's hardly ever even pushed back.
                Other than Baldomir (out of retirement, molasses in his prime), he hasn't really been destroying guys that are considered durable a division or two below, but not even contenders there. No doubt a smaller guy will feel a strong 154's punches, but why is he not sparking them out? None of these guys were running on him, even Mosley. Pac who's way better than Canelo's undersized comp was wary of Marg's power, and he's not even a legit 154.

Comment

• Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
                  Other than Baldomir (out of retirement, molasses in his prime), he hasn't really been destroying guys that are considered durable a division or two below, but not even contenders there. No doubt a smaller guy will feel a strong 154's punches, but why is he not sparking them out? None of these guys were running on him, even Mosley. Pac who's way better than Canelo's undersized comp was wary of Marg's power, and he's not even a legit 154.
                  mosleys never been ko'd so ill give ginger a pass on the mosley performance

Comment

because i've been watching and reading books about boxing for fifteen f#cking years. and i used to fight.
                    i know what a good chin looks like. i know what power looks like.

every opponent he's ever been in the ring with fought like they respect his power

against gomez, cintron, baldomir, normally relatively durable and gatekeeper type guys, as soon as he got close enough to hit them with his best shots they started to get hurt

when he was hurt against jose cotto he was 19 years old
                    19. he takes a very good shot.
                    is he impervious to damage? not from what i've seen, but the kid doesnt move his head much and he's hardly ever even pushed back.
                    Because so far he is been fighting ****ty competition and smallest guys, I reserved my opinion about his chin until he gets hit by a true JMW with decent power.

Comment

• Originally posted by garfios View Post
                      I didn't c Hernandez giving him any physical problems, Lara gave him a lesson from start to finish and busted him up real good and Hernandez throws more punches than Ginger, IMO Canelo will get stopped or it will be so one sided that his corner will jump and save him, they are not at the same level and the only reason we are talking about Canelo in the same sentence with Lara is because he have a Belt and the propaganda behind it, a Belt that he hasn't earned, without that belt we should be following his career as a prospect but GBP+WBC made the mistake of giving him that Birthday gift and they are paying for it now.

maybe you didn't "C" them but they were there. hernandez was boring his way through laras punches and getting to his body. you've got to be close to do that.

if you want to be objective about a subject it's a lot more difficult when you're calling a guy "ginger," etc.
                      frankly i generally look right by a post like that.

and when are you guys going to stop caring about alphabet belts?
                      they dont mean anything
                      there are four of them. they're used to make money and that is it. that's the only reason they are there.

if you watch enough boxing you know who the best fighters are. they establish a lineage, and that's the real "champion" of a division.

Comment

Working...
                      X