Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Floyd and Roy were the same size how do you see a fight going in their primes?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tough to imagine this. Prime roy is more talented than prime floyd but talent dont always win. Would come down to adjustments that floyd would or wouldnt make. Ill take roy in a close one

Comment

Roy is such a stylistic nightmare for floyd. Roy by wide margin UD.

Comment

Originally posted by timboslice708 View Post
        Roy is such a stylistic nightmare for floyd. Roy by wide margin UD.
        Exactly how I see it.

Roy Jones was the master pot-shotter - especially later in his career, he would have a field day with the defensive minded Floyd - especially cause he is quicker.

Comment

Give me Floyd!

Why? Because Floyd if a intelligent high in ring IQ Boxer very similar to Antonio Tarver, Tarver took away Roy's Speedy and Quickness advantage away with Timing and Patients

That is the advantage being SMART FIGHTER or a fighter who just depend on PHYSICAL SKILLS, you can adjust on the fly, you can figure out a fighters rhythm and ultimately take it away from him, Roy on the other hand, it was all about Speed and Athleticism for him, he got away with a lot in his PRIME because he was so faster and more athletic then EVERYBODY During his PRIME ERA

So like Tarver I think Mayweather, Patiently walks Roy done and slip in punches, also think that quick Jab down the middle to the Body would be EXTREMELY EFFECT against Roy Jones
          Last edited by KnockUTheFukOut; 10-05-2012, 01:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by KnockUTheFukOut View Post
            Give me Floyd!

Why? Because Floyd if a intelligent high in ring IQ Boxer very similar to Antonio Tarver, Tarver took away Roy's Speedy and Quickness advantage away with Timing and Patients

That is the advantage being SMART FIGHTER or a fighter who just depend on PHYSICAL SKILLS, you can adjust on the fly, you can figure out a fighters rhythm and ultimately take it away from him, Roy on the other hand, it was all about Speed and Athleticism for him, he got away with a lot in his PRIME because he was so faster and more athletic then EVERYBODY During his PRIME ERA

So like Tarver I think Mayweather, Patiently walks Roy done and slip in punches, also think that quick Jab down the middle to the Body would be EXTREMELY EFFECT against Roy Jones
            Couldn't be further from the truth. If that were the case, he'd be Zab Judah or Howard Davis. Not Roy Jones.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
              Couldn't be further from the truth. If that were the case, he'd be Zab Judah or Howard Davis. Not Roy Jones.
              Zab had more boxing skills then Roy Jones, Zab was just weak mentally and was terrified of being hit to the body and he still is

Roy Jones did absolutely NOTHING that any Boxing Trainer would ever instruct his fighter to do, Roy Speed and Athleticism CARRIED HIM, once that started to Diminish...THIS STARTED HAPPENED:

Not saying Roy wasn't great, but looking back even if he would have ran into Tarver earlier in his PRIME I still think he would have lost just because of Tarver Style, he was just a SMART BOXER, even when they fought Roy was still the faster and more athletic fighter but Tarver just out-boxed him, he turned the game into a Chess Match instead of the fast pace Checkers match Roy Jones was so use to
              Last edited by KnockUTheFukOut; 10-05-2012, 01:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by KnockUTheFukOut View Post
                Zab had more boxing skills then Roy Jones, Zab was just weak mentally and was terrified of being hit to the body and he still is

Roy Jones did absolutely NOTHING that any Boxing Trainer would ever instruct his fighter to do, Roy Speed and Athleticism CARRIED HIM, once that started to Diminish...THIS STARTED HAPPENED:

Not saying Roy wasn't great, but looking back even if he would have ran into Tarver earlier in his PRIME I still think he would have lost just because of Tarver Style, he was just a SMART BOXER, even when they fought Roy was still the faster and more athletic fighter but Tarver just out-boxed him, he turned the game into a Chess Match instead of the fast pace Checkers match Roy Jones was so use to
                Wow. Just wow. Worst thing I've read this week. BTW losing at 35 is pretty normal in the sport. And finally...we're so far apart...let's just agree to disagree.

Comment

same size? mismatch...Roy clowns and maybe even KOs Floyd

Comment

Roy. Easy

Zab Judah had a field day the frist few rounds against floyd.. He was faster than floyd.. Floyd waited for him to tire..

ROY

Comment

roy is the most overrated prime fighter of all time. both hopkins and toney are slower fighter than a prime floyd and landed on him. A lead right can hit anyone if setup right. Floyd doesn't just launch leads. He comes up with ways to land them. Judah was a south paw and cotto had a size advantage.

Comment

Working...
                      X