Collapse
No announcement yet.

who's greater joe calzaghe or winky wright

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Joe Calzaghe, two weight champ, and unified the SMW titles.

Had a style that was very difficult to beat.

If Calzaghe fought Winky, Joe would walk a way with a very comfortable UD.

Comment

Originally posted by starjammer View Post
      Calzaghe

Undisputed SMW Champion. All belts in his possession.

Retired as legitimate LHW Champion. Jones > Tarver > Hopkins > Calzaghe

Undefeated.

Winky Wright

Famous for beating Mosley twice at 154 lb.
      (A weight Mosley has always performed poorly:
      Lost to Oscar, was even with Vargas before the eye stoppage,
      rubbish against Mayorga and Mora)

Drew against Jermain Taylor in his challenge for the Middleweight title.

Lost to Hopkins and outclassed by Paul Williams.

My Verdict: Calzaghe by landslide.

It's an insulting comparison.
      well damn............lol

Comment

Originally posted by D4thincarnation View Post

Exactly. And that says it all.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
          wasn't calzaghe the guy who fought bums for ten straight years and then tried to redeem himself against lacy(tomato can), kessler, shot jones jr and hopkins(failed)
          yeah....that's the guy..sometimes I wonder if they're talking about the same guy..especially when he's called great.

Comment

Originally posted by D4thincarnation View Post

Joe would limp away with a kicked as.s..

"a style difficult to beat"

Hahahahahahaha

Fu.ck outta' here...

Comment

Originally posted by starjammer View Post
              Calzaghe

Undisputed SMW Champion. All belts in his possession.

Retired as legitimate LHW Champion. Jones > Tarver > Hopkins > Calzaghe

Undefeated.

Winky Wright

Famous for beating Mosley twice at 154 lb.
              (A weight Mosley has always performed poorly:
              Lost to Oscar, was even with Vargas before the eye stoppage,
              rubbish against Mayorga and Mora)

Drew against Jermain Taylor in his challenge for the Middleweight title.

Lost to Hopkins and outclassed by Paul Williams.

My Verdict: Calzaghe by landslide.

It's an insulting comparison.
              mosley's resume at 154 still shi-ts on jeff lacy's at 168 but whatever i'm sure you will pretend scott pemberton and omar sheika were great wins. winky was the linear champ at 154 and should have been linear champ at 160. calzaghe was linear champ at 168 and shouldn't have been linear champ at 175. winky beat mosley, vargas, trinidad and taylor on my cards. calzaghe beat lacy, kessler, eubank and mitchell. not close! winky also fought the much better competition near their primes while calzaghe was scared of flying when people were in their primes. winky got robbed a couple times while calzaghe was the robber and had tons of early stoppages. you are right it's an insulting comparison.
              Last edited by daggum; 12-15-2011, 05:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Larryx2011 View Post
                well damn............lol
                Who's skills would YOU rather have????

Joe's or Winky's...????

Comment

mosley's resume at 154 still shi-ts on jeff lacy's at 168 but whatever i'm sure you will pretend scott pemberton and omar sheika were great wins. winky was the linear champ at 154 and should have been linear champ at 160. calzaghe was linear champ at 168 and shouldn't have been linear champ at 175. winky beat mosley, vargas, trinidad and taylor on my cards. calzaghe beat lacy, kessler, eubank and mitchell. winky also fought the much better competition even though he took a couple losses while calzaghe got away with a couple gifts and tons of early stoppages. you are right it's an insulting comparison.

Comment

These kinds of polls often tell more of the popularity of a boxer, rather than an objective only vote.

People respect Winky more for various reasons etc. I like him.

He's simply not a patch on Calzaghe though.

Calzaghe is still regarded as one of, if not THE best EVER super middleweight. Above that of Eubank, Benn.

Winky may have faced stronger competition and gotten respect for that, but like ODL, he simply lost too many fights.

Calzaghe beat Hopkins, he'd have also beaten Winky. No question.

Comment

mosley's resume at 154 still shi-ts on jeff lacy's at 168 but whatever i'm sure you will pretend scott pemberton and omar sheika were great wins. winky was the linear champ at 154 and should have been linear champ at 160. calzaghe was linear champ at 168 and shouldn't have been linear champ at 175. winky beat mosley, vargas, trinidad and taylor on my cards. calzaghe beat lacy, kessler, eubank and mitchell. winky also fought the much better competition even though he took a couple losses while calzaghe got away with a couple gifts and tons of early stoppages. you are right it's an insulting comparison.
                      Daggum, 50 years from now you'll be getting out of your coffin to answer Calzaghe threads. The thing is though, in 50 years, Calzaghe will be the one who will be fondly remembered, I assure you of that.

As always, I completely disagree, but I always get a nice chuckle out of the anti-Calzaghe brigade

Answer me this. Pound for pound, who wins...Calzaghe or Wright? Calzaghe would DOMINATE him. Easy.

Comment

Working...
                      X