Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vitali is so much better than Wlad it's ridiculous

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wlad is not a natural fighter, Vitali is. Wlad's instinct is to turn his back from punches and fall over if they land (watch his fight with Sanders). Vitali is a natural fighter. His instinct is to eat Lennox right hands to his mangled eye and say "keep 'em coming". I think Wlad has a better jab and is better at utilising distances. Because of his weak chin and tendency to shy away from brawling he has to apply a lot of mental strength to overcome his flaws. Vitali can box pretty well, but physically he is one of the best heavyweights of all time (chin/size/strength/power/maintenance of speed).

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
      I don't know if Wlad is "lucky." Vitali took years off. His resume before that retirement was pretty unimpressive BTW. Quite frankly, I think Vitali is a little overrated. He's lost to the two best opponents he's faced and no name on his resume suggests he's anything better than what he is...a paper champion. Could he beat Wlad head to head? I doubt it.
      He's lost to the two best opponents he's faced

No hate or disrespect to any Klit fan, but NO ONE ever seems to mention this, just that he was "up on the scorecards" when he lost. He's like Ricky HAtton except Hatton beat Kosta where Vitali beat, Kirk Johnson.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
        I just don't see it. Wlad so rarely impresses me, and when I see him fight I picture these ATG heavyweights just killing him the way he fights. With Vitali I could see how he would compete with most and beat some.

And I agree with the resume. I'd never deny that.
        I think Vitali is the much more exciting of the two and better to the eye.

And a critique I have of Wlad is he is too tentative at times, way more than he should be.

He will have an opponent completely shut down and broken down to the extent where they have nothing left and are beaten to a pulp and if he opened up just a little more he would get them out with ease.

On the other hand, he has stopped most of his opponents But I mean things like Haye, he could have put a worse beating on him had he opened up a tad more. Same with Chambers.

But at the end of the day, it's in his nature. He has had to make that ajustment to protect his chin and in result has to take less risks than his brother. And that adjustment has made him the best HW of this era bar none IMO, including his Brother.

I think it's fair to say that Wlad is definitely the more technically sound brother. Textbook brilliance at times.

I'm not sure who would win in a fight because if Vitali were to catch Wlad he'd be in trouble. But I think that Wlad would definitely be the calmer, more patient of the two and would make much less mistakes than Vitali.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
          He's lost to the two best opponents he's faced

No hate or disrespect to any Klit fan, but NO ONE ever seems to mention this, just that he was "up on the scorecards" when he lost. He's like Ricky HAtton except Hatton beat Kosta where Vitali beat, Kirk Johnson.
          Don't you think Vitali's loss to LL was dubious though?

Comment

Wlad has more 1 punch KO power.

Vitali is offensively, defensively, and the all around better fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by rorymac View Post
              Not in the slightest.

Comment

Originally posted by rorymac View Post
                in the last 2 rounds leading upto the stoppage, vitali was getting tagged more and more and throwing less and less, i think lennox was inevitably going to stop him

that's if i remember it right

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                  Prime for prime it was obvious, but lately I had been wondering if Wlad had surpassed his brother due to Vitali's age. He hasn't though. Vitali has a better jab, better punch variety, at the very least the same speed and reflexes, more power still it seems, far better chin obviously. Dude doesn't even go all out anymore and he impresses me more than Wlad.

I'm beginning to wonder if Wlad does anything better than his brother. Even now, if these two fought and weren't brothers, Vitali would crush him.
                  Better jab and the same speed? Sorry, no. Wladimir is clearly superior in both categories. Reflexes I'd edge to Wlad as well.

More power? Hard to say. He has naturally heavier hands it seems, but his inferior speed and crispness of technique also hurt him in that regard.

Better punch variety? Yes, though it's not like Wlad is incapable of throwing anything other than a jab right hand left hook. He just chooses not to.

Far better chin? Better obviously, but Wlad gets underrated here whilst Vitali generally gets overrated. It's more in their responses to punches where Vitali really outshines him.

It'd be intriguing to see a fight between the two as I can't see either man the clear winner. Both possess strengths and weaknesses which the other can exploit.

Comment

Originally posted by Ugh! View Post
                    in the last 2 rounds leading upto the stoppage, vitali was getting tagged more and more and throwing less and less, i think lennox was inevitably going to stop him

You definitely did.

Comment

Originally posted by Ugh! View Post

You remember it perfectly.

Comment

Working...
                      X