Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bob Arum: When Cotto returned to us, he swore on his father he will never leave us

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hectari View Post
    This is really crazy, I would have never thought Cotto, Todd and Arum would be going at it like this.

Last time Cotto left they left on good terms, no hard words and nothing but respect and love, now its vicious.

But when Todd got involved you kinda sense it was some serious ****.

We can say what we want about Arum, but if Cotto really did make these promises and than lied and left Todd like that who wouldn't be mad?

I could understand if Cotto sat down like before and told Todd, guys I appreciate everything you done for me but its time for me to move on to a new chapter of my life and business. and just went to Roc nation but signing without giving them the heads up to make a counter off or to tell them you are moving on is kinda foul.
    You must have missed what Arum said about Cotto after the negotiations for Pacquaio vs. Cotto 2 fell apart. And then see Cotto's reply.

Comment

Lol at the reference to Tito

Comment

Originally posted by Pigeons
        Bob Arum is one if the worst human beings walking this planet.
        Says the die hard fan of a racist, paranoid, wife-beater.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
          Says the die hard fan of a racist, paranoid, wife-beater.
          lol that dude is pathetic.

Comment

Both Arum and Cotto not looking good right now.

Comment

Here you go, sorry if the translation sucks but I do my best with my english.

Dissapointed with miguel cotto, the human being more than the boxer, founder and owner of Top Rank , Bob Arum, broke out against his ex partner after the Boricua had announced yesterday that he had abandoned his old home to sign with the business man Jay Z and his new promotional company Roc Nation Sports.
              “Miguel Cotto is not a man, Miguel Cotto has no word. What he has done has no name.” Arum told Primera Hora yesterday on a interview held by phone.
              “I’m really disappointed with him and his manager Gabriel Peñagaricano, he was the one who orchestrated this scheme of lies and false promises. When Miguel returned with me on 2013 he swore on his father that he would be with us forever. And when someone makes such a serious promise, one has to fulfill it. Peñagaricano did his part, Cotto was manipulated and now both will have to live with the consequences of this decision. To me, none of them are men of their Word. It’s such a shame. I’m sure Felix (Trinidad) would’ve never done something like this.”
              Cotto’s decision took many by surprise, particularly after various pugilists such as Tim Bradley, Brandon Rios or Cornelius Bundrage from Top Rank’s stable were mentioned to be possible foes after the negotiations for a june fight with Saul Alvarez and Floyd Mayweather fell through.

Now those possibilities are up in the air, maybe a future showdown with Amir Khan is now cooking.
              Local promoter Peter Rivera, of P.R Best boxing, expressed that Cotto’s decision was not wise and it showed disloyalty.
              “In my opinion, I think it was a poor decision from his part. However only he knows the deal he has with Jay-Z. What concerns me is that this puts in danger his appearances in HBO and now Showtime has been discarded because Al Haymon is there, who’s Jay-Z’ personal enemy. We’ll have to wait and see what Cotto can do now with his career and where his fights will be televised. “
              “Not only that, he cut ties with a company who made him champion in the beginning and when he wanted to do his own thing and lost twice in a row, (Trout and Maywather) they took him back, and revived his career with Delvin rodriguez and a championship fight with Sergio Martinez and they were helping him build the fight against Saul Alvarez. Top Rank has a well built structure and knows the business. Jay-Z has money, but his a novice to all this and seems to want to buy champions with bills instead of building them up. Last time he had a card in New York he had losses giving out tickets because he couldn’t sell anything.”

Felix Verdejo’s trainer, Ricky Marquez also expresses that he wished nothing but the best for cotto in his new journey but he showed his disagreement with cotto’s decision.
              “I respect his opinión because I don’t know his reasons, but I think he should’ve stayed with Top Rank to the end, gratitude and loyalty are two qualities that every man has to have.” Said Marquez
              Primera Hora tried to contact Cotto or his representatives to show their reactions to no avail.

Esfuerzos de Primera Hora para contactar a Cotto o a sus representantes para reaccionar no rindieron frutos.

Comment

Damn BOB putting it out there!

Comment

Kinda odd of Cotto to not tell Todd that he was leaving like last time.

Comment

He obviously left for a reason, I don't believe anything Bobby says.

Comment

For the translation it Bob Arum Said he doesn't know how Cotto televised now since Al Haymon is at showtime and-"Al Haymon, is Jay z's personal enemy"

Whats going on there?

Comment

Working...
                      X