Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rigondeaux's lonely success story / Cuban Boxing System / Lara article

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have to say tho, I'd dearly love to see Rigo fight Loma a little way down the line (assuming Vasyl adapts OK to the pros) given they're only fighting a few lbs apart.

Comment

Originally posted by DosRounds View Post
      Both great boxers. I wish them more success in the future
      X2.

Don't really know the circumstances, but am glad they chose the States to defect to.

Comment

Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
        Have to say tho, I'd dearly love to see Rigo fight Loma a little way down the line (assuming Vasyl adapts OK to the pros) given they're only fighting a few lbs apart.
        Vasyl has very little power..........and rigo does every thing and anything better then him, not even a competitive fight (getting in the ring with rigo will be his quick death) he'd get smashed up.....

still will be looking forward to seeing what Vasyl has in the pros though.
        Last edited by Godsfly; 09-29-2013, 11:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by lefthook2daliva View Post
          X2.

Don't really know the circumstances, but am glad they chose the States to defect to.
          Me, too. I would love to have seen Yoan Pablo Hernandez go to the U.S., but he seems to be doing very well for himself in Germany. America still has to be considered the best place to make big money in boxing, but it's not the only place. I'm glad most of the bigger Cuban names have made it over to U.S. shores.

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
            Me, too. I would love to have seen Yoan Pablo Hernandez go to the U.S., but he seems to be doing very well for himself in Germany. America still has to be considered the best place to make big money in boxing, but it's not the only place. I'm glad most of the bigger Cuban names have made it over to U.S. shores.
            Yup. Hopefully they will help to keep the US boxing DNA vital in an ever more competitive global scene.

Comment

This is a damn good article

Comment

Why is it that Cuban fighters aren't more supported by fans? Many of them have tremendous talent, and boxing seems to be a part of Cuban culture...so what could it be???

With the huge Cuban community in South Florida, why can't a fighter like Rigo or Lara fill up an arena with people there like Miguel Cotto can with the Puerto Rican community in NYC? Or like a popular Mexican fighter in LA?

Comment

i heard he was beggin roach to let him spar manny. it was when manny was in hot form too. He must off seen something he could of taken advantage off.

Thing that saddens me the most. His age.

Comment

Originally posted by Contenders View Post
                    Why is it that Cuban fighters aren't more supported by fans? Many of them have tremendous talent, and boxing seems to be a part of Cuban culture...so what could it be???

With the huge Cuban community in South Florida, why can't a fighter like Rigo or Lara fill up an arena with people there like Miguel Cotto can with the Puerto Rican community in NYC? Or like a popular Mexican fighter in LA?
                    The answer to that question Is very long very political and very ugly the stigma that awaits for them here unless they completely go on a fk my country i hate Castro tour is just disgusting. And very sad for the boxers who are here.

Comment

lara is trash IMO....

Comment

Working...
                      X