No announcement yet.

Prometheus Explained

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ElMeroChingon View Post
    Theres very few sci-fi movies i like, but this one a really enjoyed. Maybe because as i was watching, the movie made me think in OUR terms, about our creator, being created through science like the robotic man in the movie.
    I agree...the main thing about this movie is to get you thinking...stir up your imagination. I'll admit, i still watch it once in a while, if only to laff at the screw-ups in the parts, but like i said, the visuals are awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by jazluvr View Post
      I agree...the main thing about this movie is to get you thinking...stir up your imagination. I'll admit, i still watch it once in a while, if only to laff at the screw-ups in the parts, but like i said, the visuals are awesome.
      It got me thinking "Why didn't they make the Alien prequel they were intending originally instead of making it the bastard mash-up of 2001 a space odyssey and bald-albino-bodybuilder-squid-goo-men?

Comment

I don't know what's the worst film this year, Pormetheus or Dark Knight Rises.

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post

Shock value!!! Oh no!!!

Comment

Since I'm too old to be entertained by batman movies, I think Prometheus tried to blend in it's own "independent" movie plot with a prequel to aliens, and in the process, they just messed the whole thing up.

Remember they said "not to think of it as an alien prequel? Wtf?? Lol. beats me, bro.
            on that note i really can't wait to see how they butcher the sequal to this , if it follows prometheus acting. WOOOOOO! Woo.

Comment

Originally posted by jazluvr View Post
              Since I'm too old to be entertained by batman movies, I think Prometheus tried to blend in it's own "independent" movie plot with a prequel to aliens, and in the process, they just messed the whole thing up.

Remember they said "not to think of it as an alien prequel? Wtf?? Lol. beats me, bro.
              on that note i really can't wait to see how they butcher the sequal to this , if it follows prometheus acting. WOOOOOO! Woo.
              Personally I liked Prometheus.

The trick is to set your expectations real low to the point that they can't do anything but deliver over that expectation.

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
                I agree with you that both these movies were stupid. Prometheus was stupid and I hate it. The Dark Knight Rises was corny as hell. I remember looking over at my friend while they were beating the **** out of Batman, and the look on his face was priceless. **** movies. I just want to say that Prometheus was a disappointment because it did not live up to the hype and the story was just weird and stupid. It felt rushed, why didn't they make the movie like 5 hours long. The writers are stupid.

This was the look on my friend while Bane turned into "Beater of Ass" on Batman. Just like the rest of the sheeple, he was in agony during that scene.

Comment

Originally posted by Cupocity303 View Post

The trick is to set your expectations real low to the point that they can't do anything but deliver over that expectation.
                  Damn, that's a really good idea. Why didn't I think of that?

Comment

Originally posted by Cupocity303 View Post

That also works on TV soap opera the Young and the Restless.

Except for there's more coherence and internal consistency in Y&R.

Comment

Working...
                    X