Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Murray: Sergio Martinez Talks in Very Early Stages

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Also, keep in mind that the WBC no longer accepts unification fights, so even if he did fight Golovkin he would be stripped (again) of his WBC title. Add to that that he is coming back from surgery and that it was his dream to defend his title in front of his home crowd. Murray is a top 10 middleweight anyway.

Comment

Martinez deserves to fight anyone he wants! He doesnt have to prove a thing! Answer this. Who's screaming his name. Who's claiming he's ducking them? NOBODY! Everyone wants this man to climb every mountain, but not to prove sh#*. They're all haters! Just want to see him lose. Post on how Mayweather and Alvarez and cotto are ducking HIM! Damn Haters!

Comment

Originally posted by julian45 View Post
        He is 8th on Transnational Rankings, I believe, and they are the only ones that count in my book, but if you want to look at ring, then he is 8th also
        Good to know that Transnational ranking can be as bad as the rest. Like the other poster said, Murray doesn't have 1 win above domestic level

Comment

Originally posted by rey guey View Post
          I don't like this fight but what else is Martinez going to do?

if Chavez jr fights Macklin then the WBC will probably make Murray the mandatory which takes care of that and it's a fight in Argentina to boot.

Martinez wanted to move back down to 154 but couldn't get a meaningful fight.

Nobody with anything to lose at 154 is going to touch him. Saul Alvarez might say he wants to fight Martinez in public but in private it's a no go. Miguel Cotto isn't interested and neither is Mayweather.

people will say Golovkin and I'd like to see that but outside of hardcore boxing fans GGG is totally unknown.

Murray isn't a fight i'm excited about but since the big names don't want to fight Martinez, that's just how it's going to be. we all know this is just a set up for Martinez vs Chavez 2 anyway.

That's the truth.-

Comment

Working...
          X