No announcement yet.

Mayweather vs. Cotto post fight Thread -DON'T make new threads about the fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SkillspayBills View Post
    BINGO. The crowd cheered everytime Cotto through a punch. It could easily sway you when watching it live. Watch it again though, Cotto landed 3 PUNCES in round 3, all jabs. Masterful masterful defense.
    how many punches did Cotto land in round 8?

Comment

• Here are some fighters he has faced

Floyd Mayweather - L UD12 -Very competitive fight regardless of the scorecards (I had it 115-113 for Mayweather) and arguably Floyd toughest fight ever.

Antonio Margarito - L TKO11 and W TKO10 -Two time WW champion. First fight was competitive untill the stoppage and on the rematch Cotto dominated.

Yuri Foreman - W TKO9 - Undefeated WBA Super Welterweight Champion.

Manny Pacquiao - L TKO12 - Cotto was competitive for 5 rounds and it was at a catchweight so it takes away from it.

Joushua Clottey - W SD12 - IBF Welterweight Champion at the time and a top 5 WW.

Shane Mosley - W UD12 - A Hall of Famers still close or at the prime of his career was ranked top 5 at WW.

Zab Judah - W TKO11 - Former two division Champion/ lineal WW Champion that was still at the prime of his career. Cotto dominated him.

Carlos Quintana - W TKO5 - Undefeated at the time and a former WW champion. First men to beat Paul Williams.

Paulie Maliggnagi - W UD12 - Undefeated at the time and now a 2 divison World champion.

Ricardo Torres - W TKO7 - Undefeated former Jr WW World Champion. One of the hardest punchers at the time in that division.

He also has wins over veterans like Ricardo Mayorga, Demarcus Corley, Randall Bailey and Alfonso Gomez. He is a 4 time world champion in 3 different divisions, the 3rd biggest PPV attraction of his era and when you think about it the only loses he has not avenged are now Mayweather and Pacquiao who are All time greats.

Comment

• Originally posted by Discipline View Post
        "I hope so too"... which in other means, you don't. what an idiot. You hate and troll for free! hahahahahahaha get a life man!

i said i dont fool...wow, lots of smillies

Originally posted by SkillspayBills View Post
        Ohhhhhh that explains the blind hate. Puga is one of the biggest trolls there is.
        sorry but im not that guy...

Comment

• Originally posted by S H A R K B O Y View Post
          Now confirmed
          He will always confirm it.

Comment

• He is fckd. He should have stayed with Top Rank. Mayweather promotions isn't going no where.

Jessie vargas isn't that good
            Deandre Latimore just got KO'd last night.

Who else are they promoting?

Celestion Caballero?

Originally posted by any craic lad? View Post
            I could'nt imagine why Diaz only trained him for a small time as an amateur Mayweather might promote him so he was there too support him.

Comment

• great gifs great fight

Comment

• Finally a exciting Money May fight.

It was a good night for the sport of boxing.

Comment

• Originally posted by PRking718 View Post
                  Dear brothers and sisters,

Great fight, bad decision. Actually, the scoring was horrid. When you have nothing but celebrities behind you and don't get KO'd, you won't lose. 26% landed to 21%. The effective punches were Cottos. Cotto hasn't walked out on post fight interview since he got cheated with plaster. Coincidence? Who was running, bleeding? Lol I saw FloydMayweather win 4 - 6 rounds - (1,4,6,9,12) the most, some by a landslide, but who didnt see that ASS whipping? I like Floyds skill but I never seen him all roughed up like that in my life.

Floyd held on too much, used too much Muay Thai elbow moves and Cotto could have let go more, but it wasn't a loss at all? Do people know boxing? Is anybody thinking about Floyd walking in with the oddest group of people? Triple H has more $ than 50. I'm not Floyd bashing, I give Floyd his rounds. I lost all respect for #Boxing. By far, that is not a win for FloydMayweather. It's all about the money, this is BS. -- Off boxing scene brothers. Those guys weren't just Floyd fans, trust me. Even though I disagree with this horrid judging and the brainwashing of writers and analysts, I know in my heart, Cotto knows in his and plenty of fans have expressed the same -- Miguel Cotto is still Champion. I am keeping my word so this is my final post. Agree or disagree, I love you guys. Thanks and One love to all the true boxing fans who see through the BS.
                  Floyd won this fight clearly. The fact that Cotto gave him a good fight or a better fight than others doesnt mean Cotto won. I just watched it for the 3rd time. Trust me, I wanted Cotto to pull this off but I was satisfied with his great performance. I think he shoulda been busier early and stole a few of those rounds. Cotto looked great from rounds 5-8 and thats when the fight was turning but dont know what happened in round 9, he did nothing or very little. 117-111 or 116-112. Nothing more.

Comment

• Originally posted by ADP02 View Post
                    All I saw last night was that if Cotto had the stamina to continue doing to Floyd what he did in round 8 then we probably would be talking about Cotto winning this. While only Cotto can explain what happened but in that 9th round, it wasn't that Floyd did anything special defensively or offensively to neutralize Cotto. It was just that Cotto wasn't throwing much.
                    I don't think you understand just how hard it is to maintain that sort of agression for 12 rounds. Cotto blew his wad and gave it his all n that round. In round 9 Floyd adjusted AGAIN (notice he barely even touched the ropes in the 9th round) and proceeded to beat on Cotto.

Comment

• Can we get a gif of floyd choking on water at the start of the 12th. lol

Comment

Working...
                      X