Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you consider Bruce Lee a legit fighter or just an actor?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

we know he was an actor but also a martial arts master im sure any master could stand a chance against any mmaer in there weigth class

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
      But would you say he could have competed with top fighters in boxing or MMA?
      If he transfered his train of disciplane over to his chosen fighting...

He would wreck house in the UFC with their lower tier talent.

I mean how much did homey weigh? He would definently have speed, intimidation, athleticism and power over his fellow weight class of fighters...the only question would be his chin.

Comment

We all know Bruce loved to master technique...imagine if he adapted some BJJ or something... he would be nasty. He is just so damn quick...

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
          But would you say he could have competed with top fighters in boxing or MMA?
          Putting the rules of both sports would probably hinder his win loss record. Kung Fu has always sucked in the MMA circuits for that reason, but those guys deadly outside of a sanctioned format.

I'd say boxing, His speed and stanima are documented and since he couldn't get mauled by a wrestler or jujitsu guy that he couldn't put some bone crushing illegal maneuver on, he would probably do very well in boxing. A pacquiao of sorts i would imagine.

Comment

Originally posted by USA_Pugilist View Post
            ok so let me get this straight about you.

You love dicks
            You love shemales
            You believe the shuttle never landed on the moon
            And now you believe Bruce Lee is not a legitimate fighter???

i see you have truely embraced your troll status
            get the **** outta here.........show me a video of Bruce Lee in a real fight???? its like saying an actor who plays a Footballer in a movie is the greatest Footballer ever.....and how is this flaming??? Bruce Lee is not a fighter because he has not had 1 pro fight...simple as that

Comment

Originally posted by Stone Roses View Post
              get the **** outta here.........show me a video of Bruce Lee in a real fight???? its like saying an actor who plays a Footballer in a movie is the greatest Footballer ever.....and how is this flaming??? Bruce Lee is not a fighter because he has not had 1 pro fight...simple as that
              Yes, this is the basis upon which I formulate my view of him.

I consider him a martial artist/actor, but fighter? no, because fighters fight, actors act, and students of martial arts study practice the discipline.

It would be like me saying the medical student even one with a 4.0 GPA is not only a doctor but one of the best in the medical field.

Comment

Originally posted by Stone Roses View Post
                He was a martial artist before he was an actor.

Martial arts or fighting arts are systems of codified practices and traditions of training for combat. Martial arts all have a very similar objective: defend oneself or others from physical threat. In addition, some martial arts are linked to beliefs such as Hinduism, Buddhism, Daoism, Confucianism or Shinto while others follow a particular code of honor. Martial arts are considered as both an art and a science. Many arts are also practiced competitively, most commonly as combat sports, but may also take the form of dance.- friendly Wiki

He sparred...which is simulated fighting. He created a Jeet Kun Doe.

You are trying to take it literal because you know you are wrong.
                He is asking the opinion could he fight not if he was a "fighter"

Comment

i guess i stand corrected spray agrees with Stone Roses

bruce would kick all our asses

Comment

Originally posted by USA_Pugilist View Post
                    i guess i stand corrected spray agrees with Stone Roses

bruce would kick all our asses
                    Sure could have, he wasn't a fighter in my estimation but probably could have been just like a great med student who never gets a job is not a doctor but could have been.

Comment

in todays society he probably would be a fighter because that is where the money is...that is why he chose to act

Comment

Working...
                      X