Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you consider excessive holding cheating?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by reedickyaluss View Post
    its illegal, and thats why they deduct a point.
    They never deduct points and rarely are they ever told something...

Comment

Originally posted by HTownTexan View Post
      They never deduct points and rarely are they ever told something...
      Right I was suprised in the Berto Collazo fight that Berto was warned.

Comment

It is illegal and should be penalized...Problem is some refs are more leniant than others...How could Berto be penalized but SSM was not? SSM held more than Berto yet it was OK WHY? Clinching when hurt is fine but throwing 1 or 2 punches then constantly holding is illegal and really hurts the ebb and flow of a fight!

Comment

Blame the refs, not the fighters. If the other guy isn't smart enough to work around a clincher, that's on him.

Comment

I think holding should be taken out of boxing completely. the ref should give the warning for holding before the fight starts and deduct a point for EVERY single hold. Holding is the worst.

Comment

Originally posted by kswizzy99 View Post
              I think holding should be taken out of boxing completely. the ref should give the warning for holding before the fight starts and deduct a point for EVERY single hold. Holding is the worst.
              I think in K1 the ref yellow card fighters for inactivity and a % of their purse is deducted each time. Now I bet that would eliminate holding in boxing .

Comment

Originally posted by Tlahuizcalpante View Post
                Right I was suprised in the Berto Collazo fight that Berto was warned.
                yeah, that ref should do every major fight. he was the best ref I've seen to date.

Comment

Originally posted by Tlahuizcalpante View Post
                  I think in K1 the ref yellow card fighters for inactivity and a % of their purse is deducted each time. Now I bet that would eliminate holding in boxing .
                  yeah, I think the ref gives the yellow if a fighter isn't engaging enough and is backing off too much. that is awsome. but in boxing the refs are too scared of deciding the fight for the fighters. I think that even if a fighter holds 40 times during a fight, he should be deducted 40points.

old and less skilled fighters are using holding to gain an advantage over younger and more skilled boxers. That seems very unfair.

Comment

hey kswiszy who's that girl in your sig?

Comment

It's against the rules and can be penalized, so yea it is cheatin technically.

Comment

Working...
                      X