No announcement yet.

Need advice on sparring

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Right kid,

I'm not going to stop from shooting you down so heres my 2 pence worth***8230;

IN FUTURE PLEASE TYPE IN FULL ENGLISH.

Anyway moving on, my best advice for your sparring is pop down to Batesons gym in Leeds, my buddy Adil Anwar boxes there, go and speak to some of the pro's that are training there and they can help you out.

Don't be too eager to jump in and try blasting people out because;
    A. Its not that simple in sparring
    B. You'll get seriously hurt
    C. You will lose interest in the sport if you get disheartened early on because this is a tough sport, I'm pretty certain if anyone with relatively decent sparring experience wanted they could send you packing within a minute.

I know it sounds harsh but its the truth. Don't let this put you down its just an insight of what the sport requires.

Comment

Yes mate Badzi you atleast gave a decent reply, and yh this is how i seen it i was sparring with a boxing style using my jab long reach punching then moving he was saying why you moving out the way shudnt it be his job to cut the ring off? then after i was landin punches he would come in do rough house tactics pushin and what not i just tied him up and carrie on. It just made no sense to me iv watched boxing intensively since 09 and thts nt how boxing or sparring goes from all the top athletes with videos.

Wht he was basically telling me to do was fight in a brawl with him clearly to his advantage im taller rangey and weigh atleast 2-3 stones lower.
      Im thinking it would be best to next time have the coach as referee so it would be fair and

Comment

jab and keep jabbing and duck while you jab so you don't get countered. then throw right hand leands in the mix later on

Comment

Working...
        X