Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Most Underrated and Overrated Boxers Today.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by #1Assassin View Post
    while they are untested and have been getting too much credit too soon (with the exception of lara) i dont think they are overrated. they are as good prospects as boxing has seen in recent years, ppl just forget that they are no more than that. prospects. again, with the exception of lara.

truly overrated fighters are JCCjr, kessler, pacquiao and bundgrage (even what little hype he gets is too much).

underrated fighters include:

adamek, burns, geale

alexander (he proved himself all over again since losing to bradley but ppl refuse to acknowledge it)

marquez (everyone knows hes great, but most ppl dont realise just how great he is)

stevenson (some holes in his game and still untested, but still deserves more credit than he gets. froch has a good reason to put their fight on ice for now but someone needs to step up and give adonis his shot already)
    Yeah that's why I said at this stage of their careers. With the exception of Lara

I think Golovkin and Rigondeaux are good fighters with good potential but how they are viewed at this point whilst proving almost nothing, I consider overrated. That doesn't mean they can't go on to do something, but, at this point, they're overrated IMO.

Lara I just think is overrated in general. He's a good fighter but he's no where near as good as people make out on here.

Agreed on Burns, he's definitely underrated.

Salido's quite underrated IMO. Less so since the Juanma wins.

I'd say Molina, despite having an ugly and spoiler-esque style, is underrated.

Comment

Also, Broner is overrated by the RING. But it's funny how DeMarco became a bum when TS and Maniac both picked him to "End the Broner hype train". Yeah that didn't work out so well......

Comment

I agree with the original list except for Castillo. He doesn't have it any more.

Marez is definitely underrated. He'll beat Donaire & Rigo imo.

Comment

Overrated:
          Ward
          Broner
          Manny
          Canelo

Underrated:
          Marquez
          Trout
          And in some circles-Floyd.

That's my list just off the top of my head. I bet people will have most issue with me say ward is overrated. I've known him for years, I think he's great but all this p4p talk is premature. He hasn't been in a great fight yet with the chips down. Broner is pretty good, but people want to believe the hype due to his persona and the whole swag posturing. Young fans mostly. And manny was just ktfo by his most disputed rival and manny fans (I'm PAC fan too) carry on as if he is still the greatest and that it was a fluke. That ko resolved tons of disputes about his roll and stature in the jmm vs manny rivalry.

And I'm not a Floyd fan, but I'd pretty much never bet against him. You can't, he is that good. He doesn't "beat" people but he always wins. And that's what matters.

Nero

"Pacquaio has become so mesmerizing in the ring that his fans and followers have become irrational" -Lampley

Comment

Originally posted by Mneronava View Post
            Overrated:
            Ward
            Broner
            Manny
            Canelo

Underrated:
            Marquez
            Trout
            And in some circles-Floyd.

That's my list just off the top of my head. I bet people will have most issue with me say ward is overrated. I've known him for years, I think he's great but all this p4p talk is premature. He hasn't been in a great fight yet with the chips down. Broner is pretty good, but people want to believe the hype due to his persona and the whole swag posturing. Young fans mostly. And manny was just ktfo by his most disputed rival and manny fans (I'm PAC fan too) carry on as if he is still the greatest and that it was a fluke. That ko resolved tons of disputes about his roll and stature in the jmm vs manny rivalry.

And I'm not a Floyd fan, but I'd pretty much never bet against him. You can't, he is that good. He doesn't "beat" people but he always wins. And that's what matters.

Nero

"Pacquaio has become so mesmerizing in the ring that his fans and followers have become irrational" -Lampley
            How is Andre Ward overrated?? Did you mist the 1 sided beatings he dished out across his weightclass?? 1 of the deepest weightclasses in boxing??

Maybe it's because he gave those beatings in California?? Would they have not been the same anywhere else you think??

Comment

underrated: brian viloria

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
                How is Andre Ward overrated?? Did you mist the 1 sided beatings he dished out across his weightclass?? 1 of the deepest weightclasses in boxing??

Maybe it's because he gave those beatings in California?? Would they have not been the same anywhere else you think??
                thissss ^^^^^^

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post

I don't understand the california parallel/correlation...
                  What do you mean?

Comment

Overrated

Marquez - I find him extremely overrated. Lost to Pacquiao three times. Pacquiao is a one dimensional fighter with a low boxing IQ and it took Marquez 4 fights to finally knock him out. Has been knocked down by mediocre fighters on multiple occasions. Got absolutely embarrassed by Floyd. That was one of the most one sided pathetic fights we've ever seen between two supposedly elite fighters. Went life and death with Juan Diaz and Joel Casamayor. Juan Diaz and Joel Casamayor for fuks sake.

Canelo - Not much to be said here as it's been said already many times. Was handed a title by Sulaiman and hasn't fought a legit 154 pounder in his life.

Mares - Does nothing special really, he's just a product of a weak division. His punching power is comparable to Paulie Malignaggi's punching power. Has never knocked out anyone decent. Donaire will spark him out easier than he sparked out Arce.

Danny Garcia - Slow plodding puncher with overrated boxing skill. Somehow he's the future of boxing because he knocked out Khan who has the worst chin I've ever seen and an old Erik Morales.

Underrated

Andre Ward - People always say he's only undefeated because he only fights at home. This makes no sense. He's never won a controversial decision and has dominated all the elite guys in his division. Future p4p champ, can't be stopped.

Comment

Wow I'm surprised. I thought a 5th Mexican would make the top 5 underrated not Froch, lmao! I also thought Hogg and Maniaballs would agree to 4 black fighters in the overrated department, but they sacrificed Canelo to make it seem objective, lmmfao!

Comment

Working...
                      X