Collapse
No announcement yet.

HBO crew should get their act together.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HBO crew should get their act together.

Just wondering if anyone was thinking the same thing.

I invited some of my friends to come see the fight, which was pretty good . But all of a sudden we got an unpleasant vibe coming off all the moaning and whining the HBO crew was doing, especially Merchant. Then i started thinking, man imagine the casuals who just wanted to give HBO boxing a try today, then all of a sudden the network's own broadcasting crew is trying to convince the public that what they're watching sucks. Just makes it sounpleasant to watch, that i had to mute these guys. Which i hate doing cause i can't hear the shots landing, the ref, or the corners. Their comments just gave me a bad feeling about the fight, like the moment was ruined if that makes any sense to you guys.

We need contact HBO or drop them a tweet/email or something , so they can take notice and bmaybe get their act right. Kind of like going on a roadtrip with whiner, who just whines all the way til the end, fuks up the mood of the trip.

funny thing is that i like Merchant at times, but not today.

what were your thoughts

I think Merchant was the worst offender. He really stood out to me and my friend. Actually he ALWAYS stands out with his bias and hate for pure boxers. He's just a grumpy old man that hates his life. If the 2 boxers in the ring arent punching each other in the face all night then he's gonna ***** and moan. They need to fire him and put Max Kellerman in the ring. Merchant is way past it.

Comment

LOL now you know how Mayweather fans feel. But I have to agree that the hating tonight was unwarranted especially considering the fact that I thought Martinez was winning the fight pretty handily.

Comment

I remember early on Martinez landed a massive left ....the best shot of the fight at the time, and they didn't acknowledge it.

but continued to criticize him... they just came off as biased last night

like they wanted Martinez to lose

Comment

Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post
          I remember early on Martinez landed a massive left ....the best shot of the fight at the time, and they didn't acknowledge it.

but continued to criticize him... they just came off as biased last night

like they wanted Martinez to lose
          When Macklin was knocked down for the second time they didn't say anything at all, like just hoping that Macklin would recover. As you say, they were hoping that Martinez would lose.

Comment

i was watching the first jones hopkins fight the other day, and yeah even back then all these dudes did was complain. a shame that such a historical fight is basically tainted by terrible commentary

Comment

If you want to point flaws, do it to both guys. Merchant was nuthugging Macklin like crazy all night. Not one bad thing to say. Martinez couldn't buy a compliment from Merchant all night. When Sergio started to dominate, Merchant didn't talk at all. I heard him talk once from round 8 to the end of the fight, when Sergio picked it up. Just annoying as hell. Wish I could've seen his face when Martinez knocked him down and sliced his head with that straight left.

Comment

Yes it seemed liked they were very open that they didn't like anything Martinez did. I was so impressed with the whole fight. I think they really need to switch that **** up

Comment

say what you will about the Showtime crew but at least they actually call the fights. The HBO guys just blabber on about god knows what and anytime a top fighter isn't having an absolute perfect dominating fight they are negative and just keep talking about why so and so isn't dominating. Just call the damn fight! Or even worse they can be the opposite and nutthug a fighter to an extreme point.

I'm tired of them. Get rid of all of them. Get some fresh blood and more positive, exciting announcers. And Max Kellerman isn't the answer either he's an annoying twat as well.

Comment

damn, you guys pay too much atention to these guys. By now and after so many years, you guys should know to ignore the damn guys. Hit mute, turn on some music and grab a sheet of paper and score the fight.

Comment

Working...
                    X