No announcement yet.

European level

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• European level

"European level"- keep reading this phrase on this forum. Curious as to what it really means..top to bottom especially in the heavier weight classes, Europeans are currently out performing Americans. A detailed explanation to this theory

They ain't been in wit slick fighters yet...

Look what happened to Ricky burns when he faced his first slick fighter he got his ass schooled...

Comment

Ricky burns often struggled against fellow Europeans-he's still a decent fighter.

Comment

Well the European title is the last stop before you move onto World honours. If you aren't quite good enough to win a World Title, you're European level. Some fighters who are European level luck out and snatch a title because there are so many belts.

Comment

I think it's not necessarily a comparison of Europe to Asia to America etc., it's more of way to describe the step below world class competition.

And world class competition can come from anywhere. For example you wouldn't say that a George Groves has just seen European level opposition, because he's faced Carl Froch, who's also a Brit, but he's one of the top fighters in the sport.
          Last edited by wiz1030; 06-28-2014, 06:49 PM.

Comment

As others have said it's the level below world class, fringe world class if you will.

Comment

For me it's European fighters with a ceiling at EBU level, and I prefer using "EBU level" over "European level". In some cases you have world class fighters holding and contending for EBU titles, but more often it's fighters who are above domestic level but not quite world class.

Comment

It's like that level when you are almost there, but not really.

Comment

I don't know what the Yank equivalent would be in terms of a title.

I would say Gary Russell Jr in terms of a fighter but he's probably been facing guys who are worse than European level pre-Lomachenko

Comment

Working...
                  X