Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SplitSecond View Post
    his resume sucks
    he truly does have a mediocre resume.

other than the pac KO, he really has nothing much of note. barrera was a nice win but that was hardly a prime barrera at all.

casamayor was way past his prime, katisdis isn't very good at all, diaz was a nice win but diaz wasn't champ anymore.

marquez is definitely very skillful but he avoided a lot of guys that could have enhanced his legacy/resume. he blatantly ducked rios at lightweight, guerrero, khan, provodnikov, etc. etc.

Comment

Originally posted by SHO_RULEZ View Post
      I keep hearing Chris John was a hometown robbery.
      wasn't a robbery at all. it was easily 7-5 or 8-4 john. marquez always whines about robbery when the fight is even somewhat close.

you would need to win at least 10 rounds against marquez for him not to cry robbery.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
        unfortunately its tainted by him working with a known steroid cheat just like the patriots and their super bowl wins will always be tainted because they were caught cheating multiple times.
        Marquez did look like the incredible hulk in that fight...yes i will concede his physique has changed drastically over the past few fights. it is suspicious. but manny even said post fight and in interviews afterwards his power wasnt dramatically changed, he just got caught with a perfect punch he never saw

we'll probabl never know. just like 99% of fighters that we question on peds

Comment

Originally posted by sugarsmosley View Post
          Marquez did look like the incredible hulk in that fight...yes i will concede his physique has changed drastically over the past few fights. it is suspicious. but manny even said post fight and in interviews afterwards his power wasnt dramatically changed, he just got caught with a perfect punch he never saw

we'll probabl never know. just like 99% of fighters that we question on peds
          but 99 percent of fighters don't work with known steroid experts, put on insane amounts of muscle mass, have a steroid gut, and develop back acne. i'm sure most fighters do peds but its almost certain for marquez. sad thing is marquez might have been able to win clean but we will never know either. just like the patriots might have been able to win clean but they were cowardly and did anything to win.

Comment

I still don't understand why JMM picked Alvarado over Provodnikov.

It's not like he got knocked out by Tim Bradley and needed a real soft touch.
            No excuse to picking Alvarado. None whatsoever.

If he took that Provodnkov fight and won, it would have legitimized his reign at 140. And I'd credit him as being a 4 weight champ. And perhaps, we could have then given him a slight pass for avoiding Khan, Rios and Guerrero too. But no,..he didn't take the fight.

JMM, as a Mexican warrior, turning down the best possible fight? ...just really turned me off. And made me hate all his previous ducking more.

Comment

1. Pac 4
              2. Beating the drug test in Pac 4 (Heredia's undetectable PEDs)
              3. Beating the drug test in Pac 3 (Heredia's undetectable PEDs)
              4. Barrera
              5. Diaz 1

Comment

Originally posted by Pu·gi·list View Post
                1. Pac 4
                2. Beating the drug test in Pac 4 (Heredia's undetectable PEDs)
                3. Beating the drug test in Pac 3 (Heredia's undetectable PEDs)
                4. Barrera
                5. Diaz 1
                lmfao

Comment

Originally posted by sugarsmosley View Post
                  him stopping manny is a monumental victory for the ages ... not saying that sarcastically. manny is one of the greatest fighters to ever live, and for marquez to stop him in that fashion is one of the greatest single wins in boxing history...
                  I certainly agree with that statement.

Comment

*Means he got robbed.

1. Marquez vs Pacquiao 4
                    2. *Marquez vs Pacquiao 1
                    3. *Marquez vs Pacquiao 3
                    4. *Marquez vs Pacquiao 2
                    5. Marquez vs Cassamayor

Comment

Originally posted by Truth. View Post
                      For such a great fighter, Marquez's resume is actually quite weak.

Pac
                      Barrera (Barrera unlucky not to get the decision though)
                      Casamayor
                      Diaz
                      Katsidis
                      Couldn't agree more and he lost more often then not on the biggest stage (say hi Manny, John, Floyd and co.)

Comment

Working...
                      X