Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hearns vs McCallum, Toney vs McClellan sparring footage

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The skill level on show between Hearns and McCallum is just fantastic.

Comment

Incredible footage thanks for sharing my man

Comment

The kronk gym had an amazing level of skill.
        Thomas Hearns
        mike
        milton microry
        and many more
        The quality of sparring must have been sensational.

Comment

As great as McCallum was, I think he'd have had trouble with Hearns in a real fight if Hearns committed to staying at range and outboxing him.

The McClellan-Toney footage......James wouldn't have been taking those left hooks to the body if they were wearing 8-10oz Reyes gloves. That said, you can see that Toney was no where near the comlpete fighter he'd become years down the road while McClellan never developed his skills much outside of what he showed in this footage. No doubt in my mind if they had met in '94-'95 that Toney would have handled Gerald rather easily.

Comment

love you for this mclellan and toney are 2 of my favourite fighters

seems to me toney is levels above mclellan the dudes so calm in the ring even against a puncher like that i've never seen someone calmer than james toney
            Last edited by Juof; 08-29-2012, 08:09 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreatA View Post
              Toney seemed to have McClellan well figured out by the end of it.
              Toney wanted to fight McClellan really bad at some point early in both guys careers. I have no doubt that Toney would have beaten him.

Comment

.....Upping

Comment

mcclellan had insane power you can tell even the shots he misses. Toney pretty much out skilled him though and figured him out

Comment

Originally posted by them_apples View Post
                    mcclellan had insane power you can tell even the shots he misses. Toney pretty much out skilled him though and figured him out
                    His left hook to the body was BRUTAL, people skim over guys like Gerald and Hearns when talking about body punchers for some reason. Probably due to their build, when u think body puncher u think short aggressive guys like Chavez or i dunno Hatton!

Always though JT would beat Gerald but after watching that its even clearer.

Comment

Originally posted by them_apples View Post
                      insane power. staying away from it is the chief task of anybody he's going to fight

if you cant take his power away it's over. it's not an impossible task, but if you cant do it it's over.

Comment

Working...
                      X