Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is that James Corden bloke starting to piss anyone else off?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He just seems ok. Nothing too special. The one thing I really find inspiring about people like him is how much confidence they have, despite the way they look. It's as if they realise part of their appeal is their comical appearance, and they turn it into a positive. Confidence goes a hell of a long way in life, even more so if you want a career in film or TV.

Comment

Originally posted by Clegg View Post
      'Lesbian Vampire Killers' actually sounded like a great idea for a film until I learned that those two ****s are in it.

As with Russell Brand a while back, they seem to be the non-funny people that are continually pushed as being 'hilarious'.

Hopefully it'll pass before too long. Maybe we can hire Manuel's whore granddaughter to fuck the fatty or something...
      He needs to do the Truffle Shuffle and retire.

Comment

He seems alright to me. Looks down to earth, but the whole celebrity persona might be getting to him a bit, who knows?

His England team sketch was awesome, his girly pitch laugh is cool, so at this moment, he's good with me.

Comment

Originally posted by black.ink View Post
          He seems alright to me. Looks down to earth, but the whole celebrity persona might be getting to him a bit, who knows?

His England team sketch was awesome, his girly pitch laugh is cool, so at this moment, he's good with me.
          I agree with this guy.

Comment

I agree.

It makes me laugh how loads are calling him talentless. If that's the case then what's your excuse for not being as rich as he now is?

Comment

Originally posted by Tuggers1986 View Post
              I agree.

It makes me laugh how loads are calling him talentless. If that's the case then what's your excuse for not being as rich as he now is?

I jacked in performing when I left school. I did however record a charity CD with my classmates in my final year.

Comment

I have just watched some of the Lesbian Vampire Killers and its ****e, also the Horne & Corden Show is a huge disappointment.

Both decent actors but Corden is no Ronnie Barker.

Comment

His laugh is ripped off of Ricky Gervais.

James Condom is a fat idiot. (but the england team thing was quite funny)

Comment

the guy isnt funny , typical bbc think someone is funny so they them gift them a series

'Unfunny' isnt even close to describe the guy

pure rotten

Comment

James Corden is good - he occasionally falls flat and does something boring or unfunny, but he also does good stuff, and he doesn't resort to one style of comedy and tries different things, which in years to come could be worked on and he could become really good.

For all the people you hear bitching about him, Russell Brand is good, btw. I'm obviously not an expert on comedy nor a Brand fanatic but I consider myself fairly knowledgeable on comedy and can tell what's a hack act and what isn't, and Brand's comedy is very emotion based, in that it tries to give you emotions and has intelligent jokes as well as the silly sexual ones. He also uses language very well. He has variety and knows what he's doing, unlike other British comedians I can think of who just use one dimensional British mindsets and traits to have mass appeal, but which then renders them basically unfunny outside the UK.

Don't wana piss on them or their career or fans, but two i'm on about are Peter Kay and Lee Evans - Peter Kay just talks about British-isms, jokes about stereotypically British things and family traits, and an affable onstage personality and delivery, therefore making him easy to relate to, even though most of his material isn't really that good. Lee Evans basically discusses annoying traits of British society in a madcap manner, which again is just easy, and most of his material is extremely annoying because his delivery for every. ****ing. joke is the exact same.
                      Last edited by GMitchell; 03-28-2009, 06:36 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X