No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hatton: Murray Beating Martinez Will Top My Tszyu Win

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Hatton: Murray Beating Martinez Will Top My Tszyu Win

Brit Martin Murray’s challenge for the WBC World Middleweight title against Argentine champion Sergio Martinez will be televised LIVE and exclusive on The Channel Of Champions BoxNation (Sky Ch. 437/Virgin Ch. 546).

Unbeaten Murray heads to Buenos Aires on Saturday 27th April to face the world’s number one middleweight and top four pound-for-pound best at the 50,000 seat Club Atlético Vélez Sarsfield in one of the biggest challenges faced by a British fighter overseas in recent years.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I agree with this statement, Ricky.

Comment

If it happens will be a shocker.

But I am hoping for the

Pacquiao/Marquez 4 shocker not the Pacquaio/bradley shocker.

Comment

If this happens could easily be one of the biggest sporting upsets of the century so far.

Comment

I can't see it happening...wishful thinking from Hatton but Martinez will be too good for Murray, IMHO.

Murray is quite big for a middleweight so it could give problems but we saw Martinez deal with a lightheavyweight in his last start out.

Comment

No Ricky..fail, Martinez is in a different league fron an over the hill Kostya who had clear ring rust and looked jaded. Murray is game but only way to beat Martinez is to outpunch him, which is virtually impossible, or ko him, which is equally impossible. FAIL!!!! But good luck to Murray.

Comment

Of course it will, I agree with Hatton here. Murray doesn't have Hatton's uncles as the referee like Hatton did against Tsyzu, Murray is fighting in Martinez's backyard unlike Hatton and Murray is fighting an active fighter not the inactive, injury-ridden and old tsyzu.

Comment

Originally posted by cuzzlo View Post
                No Ricky..fail, Martinez is in a different league fron an over the hill Kostya who had clear ring rust and looked jaded. Murray is game but only way to beat Martinez is to outpunch him, which is virtually impossible, or ko him, which is equally impossible. FAIL!!!! But good luck to Murray.
                Where was his ring rust when he stopped Mitchell in 3? Every talk about Tszyu like he was shot when he clearly wasn't, he was landing bombs on Hatton.

Comment

Originally posted by cuzzlo View Post
                  Cuzzlo,

Tszyu was 36 & had been out of the ring 7 months when he fought Hatton. Martinez will be 38 & will have been out of the ring for 7 months when he fights Murray.

It's a pretty close comparison. Except Tszyu wasn't clinging on for dear life in his previous bout & coming off an injury.

Comment

Originally posted by taansend View Post
                    Cuzzlo,

Tszyu was 36 & had been out of the ring 7 months when he fought Hatton. Martinez will be 38 & will have been out of the ring for 7 months when he fights Murray.

It's a pretty close comparison. Except Tszyu wasn't clinging on for dear life in his previous bout & coming off an injury.
                    Originally posted by Own3d View Post
                    Where was his ring rust when he stopped Mitchell in 3? Every talk about Tszyu like he was shot when he clearly wasn't, he was landing bombs on Hatton.
                    You two took the words right out of my mouth. Couldn't have said it better.

Comment

Working...
                    X