Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who has read the bible from beginning to end?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i heard jesus was a pimp in old testament

Comment

It's pretty disgusting the lack of respect some people give to the bible and religion.

Comment

Originally posted by Counter right View Post
        It's pretty disgusting the lack of respect some people give to the bible and religion.
        some say god was sadistic in bible

Comment

Originally posted by Counter right View Post
          fixed: It's pretty disgusting the full ignorance most dumb religious ****s give to science and logic.

Comment

I read it from the end to the begining! Didn't make sense that way but it ended well!

Comment

Originally posted by TBear View Post
              I read it from the end to the begining! Didn't make sense that way but it ended well!
              lol, so either way,

its just God left.

Comment

You are obviously an anti-Semite. Over and over again, you bash and ridicule those old Jewish legends.
                If they didn't want their legends ridiculed they shouldn't have made them ridiculous.

I never see you ridicule Norse mythology, or Greek mythology. With you, it's alway the Jewish mythology you have an issue with!
                As mentioned there's nobody trying to get Norse or Greek myths taught in science classes, there's nobody thrusting pamphlets at me threatening eternal torment becuase I don't believe that Gaia gave birth to the sky god Oranos who then fertilized her so she could give birth to twelve titans, nor is there anybody suggesting that I am an inherently bad person because I find the notion of the ice giant Ymir sprouting the first man and woman from his armpits implausible.

But what you won't admit, is the part you REALLY have a problem with is in Leviticus "man shall not lay with man - it is abomination"
                There's a lot I find objectionable in Leviticus, principally it's the fact that it is a quite transparent scam that directly benefits the Levites. What is interesting about this repeat quoting of Lev 20:13 is that there are plenty of other things described as an abomination in Leviticus that people seem to ignore. Like

"Leviticus 11:10 And all that have not fins and scales in the seas, and in the rivers, of all that move in the waters, and of any living thing which is in the waters, they shall be an abomination unto you"

Do you eat shellfish?

Obviously the authors of Levitical law did not anticipate the advent of nudist beaches otherwise I'm sure there'd be a prohibition against checking out the cocks of black guys.

I have read it from front to back.

Its good to know from a literary standpoint.

Im by no means a good christian.

But writers use alot of biblical allusion in their stories so its good to know for the sake of knowing.
                I'm inclined to agree. There's plenty of prose and phraseology which is sublime. But like the prose in Bram Stoker;s Dracula it's ruined by poor storytelling. At least Dracula is internally consistant though.

There's a lot of good ideas in Proverbs and Ecclesiastics, and I like Jesus Christ's teaching on forgiveness and respecting other people.
                And Jesus spake unto his disciples and did say "But I tell you, Do not resist an evil person. If someone strikes you on the right cheek, put him on ignore and give him red K using your sock puppet accounts. Also call him a '****sexual'."

I tink it's pretty disgusting the lack of respect shown by religious people towards those of different faiths or of no faith at all. I also think it's pretty disgusting that people would use the pretence of being "offended" to attempt to limit free speech and fair criticism of their completely unsupported bronze aged myths. I think that a huge leap towards superstition is the removal of religion from its pedelstal to permit it to be challenged and dissected along with all the other ideas and philosophies that people have. Why is it OK to challenge communism or capitalism but speaking up about christian fundamentalism or islam is forbidden?

Comment

Someone better look up username James307, i think he's read it from cover to cover, go ahead and see his threads

You'll like him squealpiggy

Comment

Originally posted by Akinapepemo View Post
                    Someone better look up username James307, i think he's read it from cover to cover, go ahead and see his threads

You'll like him squealpiggy
                    I don't want to... Post some examples.

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
                      I don't want to... Post some examples.
                      Trust me on this one

Comment

Working...
                      X