Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you were Maidanas head coach, what would your gameplan be to beat floyd?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The best chance of getting at Mayweather is early on, before he figures you out and adjusts.

I think Maidana should take a similar approach to the Broner fight and jump on Floyd straight away. Throw the kitchen sink at him, and hope to land something like Mosley did in round 2.

I honestly don't think Maidana has the tools for any other type of approach.

Comment

he will obviously have to pressure him, thats a no brainer. key is to do it behind the jab, punch in combinations and use a lot of variety. i see people writing "overhand right over and over" and the likes, thats the worst gameplan ever. you will never have success doing one thing against floyd, you have to mix it up.

jabs, straight rights, looping rights, left hooks, uppercuts and lots of feints and up and down work. once floyd figures you out its over, so you cant be predictable. you have to keep thinking, im not saying he should try to out think floyd because nobody can do that. he needs to beat him with brute force, but he needs to apply brute force with intelligence and variety. for him to just go in there and use mindless aggression is ridiculous.

as for specific moves that jab to the body followed by a lead left hook to the head could be effective, i think it would be a good idea to beat up floyds lead shoulder too. not with right hands, he spent a lifetime rolling right hands with his shoulder. throw jabs and left hooks to the inside of the shoulder, involuntarily squaring him up and then shoot a fast straight right hand to the gut. feinting right hands, then stepping across floyds shoulder when he looks to roll and throw a short left hook/uppercut to the same area could be effective too. lots of bodywork in general but always in combinations and of feints and angles.

it will obviously be important for him to come out fast and maintain that pace the entire fight as well.

Comment

I will go to pacquiao and tell him to disguise himself like maidana, get in the ring and do what should have been done a long long time ago.

Comment

Balls to the wall ... same as he did for broner. Maidana has about two rounds before floyd has him figured out and cruises towards a UD. If he he doesn't at least hurt him by then he's done.

Comment

Do what Victor Ortiz did, except land your cheap shot first

Comment

haha thats a good idea.

I would love it if they do all the build up and everything leading up to the fight, then the weigh in etc. Standard procedure. Then on fight night pacquiao walks out into the ring instead of maidana.

Comment

Originally posted by House of Stone
                Balls to the wall ... same as he did for broner. Maidana has about two rounds before floyd has him figured out and cruises towards a UD. If he he doesn't at least hurt him by then he's done.
                you just said what I said but changed the rounds from 4 to 2... wtf.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Working...
                X