Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which Fighters Were BEST at Cutting Off the Ring?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Steak View Post
    huh? Foreman? His inability to cut off the ring was one of the major reasons he lost to Jimmy Young. Foreman followed you around too much, thats not cutting off the ring.

Chavez takes the cake here. as well as Armstrong.
    Ill throw Dwight Muhammad Qawi out there too.
    Muhammad Ali is documented saying George Foreman was excellent at cutting off the ring and one of the best he has faced in that sense.
    Last edited by IronDanHamza; 06-30-2011, 02:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
      Muhammad Ali said is documented saying George Foreman was excellent at cutting off the ring and one of the best he has faced in that sense.
      I heard that too, heard alot of others say it too but i personally dont see it and agree with Steak, George looks like he just follows u around for the most part

Comment

Originally posted by The Surgeon View Post
        I heard that too, heard alot of others say it too but i personally dont see it and agree with Steak, George looks like he just follows u around for the most part
        Just a stalking presence, really. I think Foreman understood this effects a fighter mentally.

Joe Fraizer and Sonny Liston followed fighters around alot also. But they are both very good at cutting off the ring when they do, kind of like Foreman.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
          Just a stalking presence, really. I think Foreman understood this effects a fighter mentally.

Joe Fraizer and Sonny Liston followed fighters around alot also. But they are both very good at cutting off the ring when they do, kind of like Foreman.
          Just thinking here Mike Tyson deserves a mention, He had some quick feet and nobody really gave him a boxing lesson, to beat Mike u had to kind of put it on him...

Kostya Tszyu wasnt half bad either or Tony Ayala...

I think my top 5 would be something like this tho

Chavez
          Armstrong
          Frazier
          Duran
          Pryor (I was seriously tempted to throw Miguel Cotto in here i rate his ability to cut off the ring that highly)

Comment

Would anyone rate Margarito highly?

Comment

Originally posted by Tha Executioner View Post
              Would anyone rate Margarito highly?
              In terms of the latest era or this era then yes but on a historical level then no, I woudn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Steak View Post
                huh? Foreman? His inability to cut off the ring was one of the major reasons he lost to Jimmy Young. Foreman followed you around too much, thats not cutting off the ring.

Chavez takes the cake here. as well as Armstrong.
                Ill throw Dwight Muhammad Qawi out there too.
                Do you think Ali's rope a dope was a pre planned strategy? Ali trained an prepared to move like he did against Liston. Foreman gave Ali no choice and completely cut the ring off forcing Ali to the ropes. You must have been thinking about the come backing Foreman.

Comment

Chocolatito
                  GGG

Comment

Originally posted by Marcov View Post
                    Do you think Ali's rope a dope was a pre planned strategy? Ali trained an prepared to move like he did against Liston. Foreman gave Ali no choice and completely cut the ring off forcing Ali to the ropes. You must have been thinking about the come backing Foreman.
                    - -Cutting off the ring just one aspect of boxing and comeback George equally effective just making fighters flee for their
                    Lives.

Comment

Originally posted by Marcov View Post
                      Do you think Ali's rope a dope was a pre planned strategy? Ali trained an prepared to move like he did against Liston. Foreman gave Ali no choice and completely cut the ring off forcing Ali to the ropes.
                      That's how Ali described it in his 1975 memoir book.
                      Foreman's ability to cut off the ring, forced Ali into rope-a-dope.

Comment

Working...
                      X