No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Roach is Clear in Backing Pacquiao Against Provodnikov

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Roach is Clear in Backing Pacquiao Against Provodnikov

One possible option for the fall being discussed, by Top Rank's CEO Bob Arum, is a welterweight clash between Manny Pacquiao (56-5-2, 38KOs) and Ruslan Provodnikov (23-2, 16KOs). Pacquiao is scheduled to return in November in Macau. Provodnikov is back on Saturday night against Chris Algieri.

The biggest factor in the match is the training situation. Hall of Fame coach Freddie Roach is the head trainer of both boxers. When the fight was first being mentioned, Roach made it known that he would remove himself from the match and stay away from working with either boxer. That is no longer the case. If the fight comes about, then Roach would remove himself from the corner of Provodnikov in order to train Pacquiao for the bout.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Freddie is looking for a fight at 140. I read Marquez wanted a 50/50 split ($20 million a piece) and he thinks (I don't) that's unreasonable. So I think it will be Ruslan, Algeri, or Danny Garcia, as Manny's next opponent.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
      One possible option for the fall being discussed, by Top Rank's CEO Bob Arum, is a welterweight clash between Manny Pacquiao (56-5-2, 38KOs) and Ruslan Provodnikov (23-2, 16KOs). Pacquiao is scheduled to return in November in Macau. Provodnikov is back on Saturday night against Chris Algieri.

The biggest factor in the match is the training situation. Hall of Fame coach Freddie Roach is the head trainer of both boxers. When the fight was first being mentioned, Roach made it known that he would remove himself from the match and stay away from working with either boxer. That is no longer the case. If the fight comes about, then Roach would remove himself from the corner of Provodnikov in order to train Pacquiao for the bout.
      [Click Here To Read More]
      Ruslan would knock Manny out cold! Don't do it Manny but if u do, you must start taking your power pellets again

Comment

Ruslan is next. Watch him pick up Robert Garcia

Comment

is ruslan easier to hit then brandon rios? i think he is.

Comment

Sad to see Bob Arum makes Roach and Pacquiao fight on PPV against his sparring partners now lmao...or Marquez 5 or Bradley III...
            Hope Freddie really advises Manny to take a stand for boxing and fight a Golden Boy fighter , which would be mad hype vs Maidana, Khan or Garcia or even Broner. Knowing Manny though...hes a yes man , so Top Rank refill it is

Comment

I'd rather see Manny fight Garcia or Matthyse

Comment

Originally posted by Hougigo View Post
                Ruslan is next. Watch him pick up Robert Garcia
                robert will be 0-3 against roach and pac then LOL.

Comment

wtf? what was the purpose of Golden boy and Top Rank ending the cold war if now Pac has to fight a sparring and stable mate at his gym? Man Arum is really getting skimpy he is the type who would force two brothers to fight lol.

This is a stupid fight makes no sense at all, and Roach even entertaining it shows he is a Top Rank shill.

There are plenty of other options out there why pit your two fighters against each other unless you are running out of options.

I can see Pac fighting the winner if Chris Algieri wins, but man this is awkward ruslan vs Pacman. You guys actually believe Roach will sit that fight out and miss out on a million dollar trainer fee? haha yeah right. This is Roach's way of transfering the power to Ruslan hoping that Ruslan can KO Pac and become the next star that is what Roach whole plan is this why he will still have a good relationship with Pac and he will encourage Pac to retire after, but if Pac wins its a win still he can prolong making money from Pacman so either way Roach wins.

Comment

Would not mind seeing Ruslan and Porter...two men with vicious hooks.

Comment

Working...
                    X