No announcement yet.

HD Pay Site That Streams Boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mr Ehrmantraut View Post
    BoxNation is horse **** and they don't even have HD.

i had heard that a while back, but assumed they stepped their game up. that is pretty gay.

i'd probably buy it and complain non-stop. buncey and his boys would have me bent over @ 10 pounds a month.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
      you can't be talking about stuff like this, last i checked. that's just a heads up.

if you really want to support the sport you should consider buying the networks that hold boxing. it's good for the sport. you're stealing from fighters when you don't buy the networks. TV money is what brings in the majority of their purses.

i understand completely if you're in a bonafide tight spot with money [a college student, a young guy with a family, out of a job, etc] and love boxing. if that's the case, go ahead and stream. if you can afford it, i really do urge you to consider buying HBO and showtime, and any ppv that you appreciate and can afford. it's the most efficient way to support the sport and the fighters.
      For me Showtime and HBO subscriptions are ok because I get shows and other interesting programs, but these now nearly $100 PPVs where Floyd doesn't take any risks and does enough to just clearly win rounds isn't worth it.

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
        For me Showtime and HBO subscriptions are ok because I get shows and other interesting programs, but these now nearly $100 PPVs where Floyd doesn't take any risks and does enough to just clearly win rounds isn't worth it.

the best way to send a message about ppv is not buying it. i buy almost all major PPV, but i've definitely put my foot down in the past. didn't buy mosley - mora, marquez vs that russian guy, and a few others. i wasn't planning on buying broner - maidana either, but that's thankfully been turned over to a showtime card.

Comment

and i definitely can't complain about paying to watch floyd mayweather fight. he's one of the best pure boxers / technicians of all time. you'll miss that guy when he retires. trust.

Comment

and i definitely can't complain about paying to watch floyd mayweather fight. he's one of the best pure boxers / technicians of all time. you'll miss that guy when he retires. trust.
            Oh yeah the man is outstanding at what he does but there are no surprises its like watching a movie you already know the ending to and if stopping that means he has to put himself at an unfair disadvantage by fighting much bigger guys because he is so much better than everyone his size it is what he should do because the fans pay his bills with their PPV buys.

Comment

you can't be talking about stuff like this, last i checked. that's just a heads up.

if you really want to support the sport you should consider buying the networks that hold boxing. it's good for the sport. you're stealing from fighters when you don't buy the networks. TV money is what brings in the majority of their purses.

i understand completely if you're in a bonafide tight spot with money [a college student, a young guy with a family, out of a job, etc] and love boxing. if that's the case, go ahead and stream. if you can afford it, i really do urge you to consider buying HBO and showtime, and any ppv that you appreciate and can afford. it's the most efficient way to support the sport and the fighters.
              Yet these sanction bodies and fuk face promoters rob us from great fights due to their egos and arrogance. Fighters give broken promises and most fights never live up to the hype anyway. Kinda hard to give a shlt when we the fans keep getting robbed. Then it gets thrown your face by people like Floyd hand picking soft fights and making comments like easy money and driving million dollar cars. And were supposed to feel bad for streaming fights....FUK That!!!

Comment

Originally posted by PAC-BOY View Post
                Yet these sanction bodies and fuk face promoters rob us from great fights due to their egos and arrogance. Fighters give broken promises and most fights never live up to the hype anyway. Kinda hard to give a shlt when we the fans keep getting robbed. Then it gets thrown your face by people like Floyd hand picking soft fights and making comments like easy money and driving million dollar cars. And were supposed to feel bad for streaming fights....FUK That!!!
                on sanctioning bodies: pay no attention to them. nobody does. they're used to leverage fights and nothing more. they make promotors, networks, and yes, fighters, more money. it's a "belt" that attracts casual fans. their "rankings" are literally paid for. legitimate journalists call them "alphabet titles."

ego and arrogance has nothing to do with it, dog. promotors want your money. they checked their egos at the door when they signed on to promote world class boxing matches. it costs a f#ckload of money to promote a PPV fight, and they want a return.

and yes, you should feel bad about streaming fights. it is stealing. if everybody streamed there would be no boxing.

hardcore boxing fans stream far too often. you wonder why nobody listens to you.

casual fans drive ppv sales, and make up for the bulk of the sales for showtime and hbo.

Comment

on sanctioning bodies: pay no attention to them. nobody does. they're used to leverage fights and nothing more. they make promotors, networks, and yes, fighters, more money. it's a "belt" that attracts casual fans. their "rankings" are literally paid for. legitimate journalists call them "alphabet titles."

ego and arrogance has nothing to do with it, dog. promotors want your money. they checked their egos at the door when they signed on to promote world class boxing matches. it costs a f#ckload of money to promote a PPV fight, and they want a return.

and yes, you should feel bad about streaming fights. it is stealing. if everybody streamed there would be no boxing.

hardcore boxing fans stream far too often. you wonder why nobody listens to you.

casual fans drive ppv sales,
                  and make up for the bulk of the sales for showtime and hbo.
                  Because we know what we are watching and whether the card is good or not and they buy something that is often not worth the price because they don't know any better and just recognize names they are familiar with.

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
                    Because we know what we are watching and whether the card is good or not and they buy something that is often not worth the price because they don't know any better and just recognize names they are familiar with.

evidently a lot of these guys don't buy the "good" fights.

if you starigh tup can't afford a $75 dollar fight that's one thing, but it doesn't always appear that that is the case. people appear to stream because they don't want to pay for the fights (and more importantly, the HBO and showtime subs,) not because they don't support them.

Comment

Doesn't Top Rank offer PPV live stream?

Oh yeah, I wish Box Nation would expand to the US. I'd pay for a channel dedicated to boxing 24/7. No channel like that exists in the US.

Comment

Working...
                      X