No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: James DeGale is Champion Again - Reclaims The EBU Belt

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: James DeGale is Champion Again - Reclaims The EBU Belt

On Tuesday, Hennessy Sports and the EBU announced that EBU super middleweight champion James DeGale had relinquished the title as it was not possible to both hold the EBU and the WBC Silver title at the same time.

However today, December 19th, the EBU Council have decided to modify its rules and decided that it is only "full" world champs that cannot hold both titles. [Click Here To Read More]

Hopefully, they vacate anyway and dont fight Mohammed al diyad. Degale needs some good opposition.

Comment

Ndiaye's not a bad opponent and it's keeping DeGale active. He's only fought 3 times this year, twice under Hennessy management and in as many months. I can see him fighting easily 5 times next year.

Comment

DeGale has only had 15 fights and fights at European level. He now fights every 2 - 3 months so if he has facing fighters at this level at this point of his career then it's hard to moan. He will step it up next year to world level.

Comment

Its hard to see where Degale goes because at world level theres only Abraham he'd have a chance with.

Also he's in the WBC ranking not WBO so thats out of the question.

Id put him in with Brian Maghee

Comment

I stopped reading at "EBU"!

Comment

Originally posted by wja1966 View Post
              Its hard to see where Degale goes because at world level theres only Abraham he'd have a chance with.

Also he's in the WBC ranking not WBO so thats out of the question.

Id put him in with Brian Maghee
              Degale is ranked #3 by wbo

Comment

Originally posted by ScottyM View Post
                Degale is ranked #3 by wbo
                your right I havent seen the wbo rankings this month but he's 3 George Groves is 1st let them fight one more time for the final eliminator but i cant see that happening becuase Degale has already stated he wants the wbc route

Comment

degale is a paper champ, i kind of find him frustrating to watch, he needs to step it up in 2013

Comment

DeGale has skills, looking forward to watching him in 2013. Is he going to rematch ugly kid any time soon?

Comment

Working...
                    X