Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Big Broner's House

List your favourite boxing fatties here -

Ricky Hatton

The fat controller of British Englishmen. Known for his dramatic weight loss between fights.

Fight diet - Guinness, Pies, and enough Coke to make Joe Calzaghe red with envy.

Juan Diaz

The Baby Bull just couldn't shake the baby fat. Once claimed he ate junk food through training camp.

Fight Diet - Junk food, and the Marquez uppercut.

James Toney

Once one of boxing's premier talents, James Toney now casts a shadow over his former self. Often mistaken for Ghost Busters antagonist Stay Puft.

Fight diet - Anything that can physically be digested by the human stomach.

Comment

James toney - ATG

Comment

140 has a bunch of pressure fighters with good to great chins, and that's exactly what would leave a Mayweather wannabe flopping around getting punished.

Broner still needs to improve a lot and prove he can keep his power and speed before I'll even consider this seriously.

Comment

140 is no that good of a division either to be honest...why do people keep hyping up these Division...other then Lucas Mattysse and Danny Garcia...140 is not that GREAT

I don't think any of them have a style that would give BRONER PROBLEMS, he is improving so much as a fighter that what was once his weakness he seems to have improve in that as well, he use to sit back and wait for that Counter Hook...when he comes forward he seems to just overwhelm his opponent, toughest competition at 140 would be Matthysse and Danny Garcia (would take a lot of Money for Haymon to put his two young stars against each other so that likely won't happen)...as for Con..I mean Khan...this current Version of Khan under Freddie Roach, gets knocked the fuk out...AGAIN!

140 is not all that impressive

Comment

Originally posted by KnockUTheFukOut View Post
            140 is no that good of a division either to be honest...why do people keep hyping up these Division...other then Lucas Mattysse and Danny Garcia...140 is not that GREAT

I don't think any of them have a style that would give BRONER PROBLEMS, he is improving so much as a fighter that what was once his weakness he seems to have improve in that as well, he use to sit back and wait for that Counter Hook...when he comes forward he seems to just overwhelm his opponent, toughest competition at 140 would be Matthysse and Danny Garcia (would take a lot of Money for Haymon to put his two young stars against each other so that likely won't happen)...as for Con..I mean Khan...this current Version of Khan under Freddie Roach, gets knocked the fuk out...AGAIN!

140 is not all that impressive
            The best fighters at 140 are all pressure fighters. Pressure fighting exists to beat boxers. I'd say that's the style that gives Broner problems. He has looked unbeatable against boxers, because they don't do anything to make him uncomfortable.

Again, Broner is likely years from even being at 140, so this question shouldn't be considered that seriously at the moment, but if Broner moved to 140 right now and was fighting the best fighters, he would struggle and probably lose.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
              The best fighters at 140 are all pressure fighters. Pressure fighting exists to beat boxers. I'd say that's the style that gives Broner problems. He has looked unbeatable against boxers, because they don't do anything to make him uncomfortable.

Again, Broner is likely years from even being at 140, so this question shouldn't be considered that seriously at the moment, but if Broner moved to 140 right now and was fighting the best fighters, he would struggle and probably lose.
              Pressure won't do anything to Broner, one thing that works well against Pressure Fighters...PHILLY SHELL DEFENSE AND HAVING THE ABILITY TO ROLL PUNCHES (Like Abril vs Rios), that Defense allows you to stay in the pocket, Roll Punches and Counter, to me when you PRESSURE HIM your walking into his POWER, I think like Ponce De Leon when you fight off your Back Foot and Boxed with him and counter him back (JMM Style would be effective against Broner) but Broner himself is Improving as a fighter, he is a much better fighter now then he was against Ponce, but that would be a lot more effective then to just coming with FACE FIRST PRESSURE...and who do you consider Pressure Fighters at 140 other then Lucas Mattysse? Danny Garcia is not a pressure fighter and neither is Amir Khan... 140 is not as good as people are making it out to be
              Last edited by KnockUTheFukOut; 07-22-2012, 09:48 AM.

Comment

Broner is 5 foot 7 so he is fairly ok to compete at 135, but 140 is another story. He won't make 135 for long if he was 133.5.

Comment

When you really think about it, he's naturally as big as mayweather...

Comment

Pressure won't do anything to Broner, one thing that works well against Pressure Fighters...PHILLY SHELL DEFENSE AND HAVING THE ABILITY TO ROLL PUNCHES (Like Abril vs Rios), that Defense allows you to stay in the pocket, Roll Punches and Counter, to me when you PRESSURE HIM your walking into his POWER, I think like Ponce De Leon when you fight off your Back Foot and Boxed with him and counter him back (JMM Style would be effective against Broner) but Broner himself is Improving as a fighter, he is a much better fighter now then he was against Ponce, but that would be a lot more effective then to just coming with FACE FIRST PRESSURE...and who do you consider Pressure Fighters at 140 other then Lucas Mattysse? Danny Garcia is not a pressure fighter and neither is Amir Khan... 140 is not as good as people are making it out to be
                    Boxing Broner only works if you have some size or speed advantage, otherwise you are doing exactly what he wants. He is allowed to sit at range and pick his shots. Maybe the crappy pressure fighters he has fought so far haven't come close to beating him, but good pressure fighters would. Matthysse would kill Broner, and Rios and Peterson would have good chances of beating him.

Get inside his range, make him work, make him uncomfortable. That's the key, that's what would work.

Comment

Abril with 3 losses? The dude who lost to Rios even with the Philly shell lol? Broners gonna get sparked real soon , by a top guy. Robert Guerrero tears him up and if he wants it at 140 so does jmm

Comment

Working...
                      X