No announcement yet.

don't know anyhting about custom mouthguardes

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• don't know anyhting about custom mouthguardes

anyone want to educated me with whta is the most likely to be covered by insurance here in NJ, and which is the best fit/which offers hte most protection at discomfort, medium protection at slight discomfort etc...is there a threshold and pluses and minuses here? How about material etc?

Originally posted by zetsui View Post
    anyone want to educated me with whta is the most likely to be covered by insurance here in NJ, and which is the best fit/which offers hte most protection at discomfort, medium protection at slight discomfort etc...is there a threshold and pluses and minuses here? How about material etc?
    For boxing you use the thicker type. Your dentist is the very best place to get it done as he'll doproper fitment. You can do mail order but then you're left hoping that you dida good impression by yourself. The smaller details about materials and such aren't nearly as important as proper fitment.

Comment

thanks also did you have to recast ever too?

Comment

A dentist who makes professional mouth guards is your best choice!
        Explain you need an "upper guard" and ask if he offers different thicknesses.
        Ray

Comment

just hit up the places the pros in your gym use. dont know about insurance its pretty much a cash buisness. dude running around with that phone paypal thingy now though I seen.

Comment

Originally posted by zetsui View Post
            thanks also did you have to recast ever too?
            Yes, don't spend too much because you might need to get another one. I had a root canal and my bite got readjusted, making the guard push against my gums in an annoying way.

Comment

Working...
            X