No announcement yet.

I need some answers about The Fighter of the Decade's resume

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by thatguy17 View Post
    I do, but i have to respectfully disagree. Manny doesn't get an easier time at all. His fights are criticized on this site everyday, just like floyd's. Also, my previous answer could help you understand. Taking time to read it will be wort it for everyone on this site who think Floyd gets more hate than Manny. People hate both of them and their fanbases, we need to accept that.
    Bruh, its not that i care but just look at my rep bar. You can't question Pacquiao because u get bombed with hate. Yes, both are criticized but it's clear Manny gets the better treatment.

Comment

Originally posted by jose.sooto View Post
      It's not hate. I think Manny Pacquiao is a great fighter and enjoy watching him.

It's just that i feel like for some reason he gets an easier time when it comes to people judging his resume.

How do you think people would of reacted if Floyd picked the LOSER of Margarito/Mosley?

see what im saying?
      Manny didn't retire for 2 years at the height of his popularity like Mayweather did though and specifically say "I'm not here to call out no welterweights" before taking his "vacation"

Manny beat within the decade:

Morales
      Barrera
      Marquez
      Cotto
      Lehdwaba
      Julio
      Diaz
      Solis
      Chae

That's why he was rightfully declared the award. The Mosley, Clottey, Margarito fights were crap yes. But it's better than wrestling the Big Shooooooooooooooow in the WWE.

Comment

It's not hate. I think Manny Pacquiao is a great fighter and enjoy watching him.

It's just that i feel like for some reason he gets an easier time when it comes to people judging his resume.

How do you think people would of reacted if Floyd picked the LOSER of Margarito/Mosley?

see what im saying?
        People actually looked down on the Margarito/Pacquiao fight considering Marg just has his brains beat in and then was out for a year

Comment

as you have posted, pac is the fighter of the decade. lol

the best fighter ever...

Comment

No hate just want some simple answers!

Why does Manny Pacquiao get a pass for fighting "brandon rios"?

Why does Manny Pacquiao get a pass for fighting Margarito after Margarito was coming of a TERRIBLE TKO loss?

Why does Manny Pacquiao get a pass for fighting Erik Morales after Morales was coming off a loss?

Why does Manny Pacquiao get a pass for fighting Clottey after Clottey was coming of a loss?

Why does Manny Pacquiao get a pass for fighting Floyd Mayweather Jr leftovers Oscar De La Hoya, Ricky Hatton and Shane Mosley?

Why does Manny get a pass for getting TKO'ed by Marquez and losing to Morales after Erki was coming off a loss?

I think people got caught up in the hype! when u look at it, yes the names where big but most of the biggest fighters Pac beat wherent near their best moment.

In reality Pac's best wins should be Erik Morales, Juan Manuel Marquez , Marco Barrera, David Diaz and Tim Bradley.
            He only gets a pass on the BoxingScene message board. He gets the pass because he is worshipped by three-fourths of the people who post on this board.

Comment

Originally posted by BHopp View Post
              Manny didn't retire for 2 years at the height of his popularity like Mayweather did though and specifically say "I'm not here to call out no welterweights" before taking his "vacation"

Manny beat within the decade:

Morales
              Barrera
              Marquez
              Cotto
              Lehdwaba
              Julio
              Diaz
              Solis
              Chae

That's why he was rightfully declared the award. The Mosley, Clottey, Margarito fights were crap yes. But it's better than wrestling the Big Shooooooooooooooow in the WWE.
              clottey was a good win. he had 2 debatable losses to 2 top guys. he proved he was a top guy. mosley looked terrible in 3 of his last 4 so that was a joke fight. marg had a bad loss 2 fights before but for me 1 loss isn't enough to write off a quality fighter, just like 1 win like ortiz over berto isn't enough to say that guy is a top fighter but it's enough for floyd fans for some reason.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
                clottey was a good win. he had 2 debatable losses to 2 top guys. he proved he was a top guy. mosley looked terrible in 3 of his last 4 so that was a joke fight. marg had a bad loss 2 fights before but for me 1 loss isn't enough to write off a quality fighter, just like 1 win like ortiz over berto isn't enough to say that guy is a top fighter but it's enough for floyd fans for some reason.
                Nah Margarito looked rubbish in the Garcia fight prior to fighting Manny then he got waxed up again by a supposedly "done Cotto" Margs was finished once Mosley got done with him.

Clottey is a good win though I'm just not sure if they awarded him FOTD honour before or after he beat Clottey so i left that off

Comment

No hate just want some simple answers!

Why does Manny Pacquiao get a pass for fighting "brandon rios"?

Why does Manny Pacquiao get a pass for fighting Margarito after Margarito was coming of a TERRIBLE TKO loss?

Why does Manny Pacquiao get a pass for fighting Erik Morales after Morales was coming off a loss?

Why does Manny Pacquiao get a pass for fighting Clottey after Clottey was coming of a loss?

Why does Manny Pacquiao get a pass for fighting Floyd Mayweather Jr leftovers Oscar De La Hoya, Ricky Hatton and Shane Mosley?

Why does Manny get a pass for getting TKO'ed by Marquez and losing to Morales after Erki was coming off a loss?

I think people got caught up in the hype! when u look at it, yes the names where big but most of the biggest fighters Pac beat wherent near their best moment.

In reality Pac's best wins should be Erik Morales, Juan Manuel Marquez , Marco Barrera, David Diaz and Tim Bradley.

see what im saying?
                  morales was revenge and big money and legacy fight. are you seriously gonna choose zahir raheem over a revenge, big money ppv fight?

those other things you harp on about like margarito, and mosley, even clottey, those are not his best wins. it was a matter of promotional convenience. who cares about the mosley fight? both floyd and manny fought a washed up version of shane.

even then, who has fought more top 10 p4p fighters in the sport today? Its between floyd and manny. no one else comes close.

Comment

Just to let you know, the decade you are talking about starts at 2000 to 2009. During that time, no other fighter has a better resume than Pacquiao, the closest would be Bernard Hopkins. Also note that Pacquiao won 3 Fighters of the Year in that decade.

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
                      You are a serious hater of the highest order. Im not sure about getting a pass and what that actually means.

But fighting and beating comfortably, lets take Joshua Clottey for example for giving Miguel a really close fight in some think he beat Miguel, Pac must be given credit for how well he beat Joshua. Not for picking him as an opponent. Even though Joshua lost, he still shows how good he was in losing.

Fighting Margarito on the other hand was brave to fight a big guy like that, and not get credit for the win potentially.
                      well said....

but i am presently not inclined to give any answers....

it will look a bit bad on my side to pose a question or two here instead of answers...

but reading the TS questions these came to my mind:

what is he going to do with the answers? will he contest the award pac got relative to the results of these fights? just asking...

Comment

Working...
                      X