No announcement yet.

Pacquiao has a weak resume at 147. Cotto and others have been more impressive

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
    No...Well...I don't know...Depending on when exactly the fight take place, on how the winner wins. I would have to take into account.

But, I don't think so...I mean I wouldn't consider them top 25 ATG WW's.

I made this thread in the history section.

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...09&postcount=1

Overall that's 26 names...Who would they surpass? Maybe Oscar for the 26th spot

WW just has the most deepest talented division in the history of boxing. It's only rival as far and deep and talented goes is MW.

But, this is no knock on either Floyd or Pac though. One is not their natural division. Neither have double neither have double digits fights at WW. And, who knows if they ever get to 10 WW fights. Maybe so. But, you comparing them to ATG WW's who ever natural WW's and had numbers of WW fights. Is not a real fair comparison for Pac or Floyd.

It would be no knock on the winner. On the contrary it would be quite complimentary for the winner to be mentioned in the borderline top 25 ATG at said weight-class with such few fights.
    Yeah thats very true.

The way boxing is now how guys only fight like 2 maybe 3 times a year and constantly moving up in weight it will be hard for anyone to outperform the past WW champs.

I think the fact that it could and should be the biggest fight in boxing history PPV wise would garner the winner much more credit then they may deserve.

Comment

Originally posted by Harry Balls View Post
      Who can compete with the klitschkos?
      Doesn't mean they are ATG hw's.

Current welterweight division must be one of the weakest of all time, no?
      just like what i said bro they are not ATG ww but they are the best we have at the momment and I would like to add that no active WW have better career standing @147 and also correct TS opinion the Cotto's career at WW was better ...

Comment

Absolutely no one calls Pacquiao an ATG welterweight except for trolls, so you are pulling that out of your ass.

Comment

Originally posted by Rassclot View Post
          he beat Cotto, Margarito, Mosley and Clottey.

all were top 5 WW's when he fought them.

so suck a nut and go away

Comment

And Pac nor Floyd are remotely close to being ATG WW's.

Comment

blah...blah...blah...blah...

old fighters....blah...blah...blah....

past history...blah...blah...blah...

face it, your past fighters are SIX FEET UNDER IF NOT, CLOSE TO BEING THERE...NO ONE GIVES A ****

Floyd and Manny destroys them all.

These 2 guys are WW past, present, and future.

They knock down anyone put in front of them.

So, keep the past as what it is, the past, STOP LIVING IN IT.

To the idiots with a black and whites pictures of ancient fighters, I bet you never even saw them fight actively, you might as well put King Leonidas of the movie 300 while you are into fantasy, these past champions don't hold a candle to the top fighters of modern times, GIVE IT UP, LIVE IN THE PRESENT!!!
              Last edited by Mana$$aMauler; 07-30-2011, 11:27 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X