No announcement yet.

Kubrat Pulev replaces Odlanier Solis in new Ring HW rankings

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kubrat Pulev replaces Odlanier Solis in new Ring HW rankings

Impressive up-and-comer Kubrat Pulev of Bulgaria has taken over the #10 position in the Ring Magazine HW rankings.

Pulev's management is in discussions with former title challenger Ray Austin for a May 7 fight on the Holyfield-Neilsen card in Denmark.

Nice to see some new contenders and potential contenders in the HW division like Pulev, Helenius, and Glazkov.

Which of the up-and-coming heavyweights is a potential champion?

I think Pulev, Boytsov, Helenius and Glazkov are the pick of the crop, with Wilder, Price, Dallas, Chisora, and Fury perhaps having some potential.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom! View Post
      Which of the up-and-coming heavyweights is a potential champion?

I think Pulev, Boytsov, Helenius and Glazkov are the pick of the crop, with Wilder, Price, Dallas, Chisora, and Fury perhaps having some potential.
      Helenius is the one I root for, naturally. Our next international HW after Tony Halme, with talent in potency of ten.

Comment

Pulev is a solid boxer, has decent size and power. Hopefully he stays active and progressively improves; the Klitschko are gonna need some decent opponents in the coming years.

Also, what ever happened to Denis Boystov? Few years back he was being touted as the next viable top contender and now he's essentially fallen off the radar screen...

Comment

Helenius deserves that spot. I saw a couple of Pulev's performances (I was ringside for his bout against Paolo Vidoz) and you gotta appreciate his technical skills but he has to start knocking his subpar opponents out. Helenius's hands appear to be significantly heavier.

Comment

Originally posted by Faerun View Post
            Helenius deserves that spot. I saw a couple of Pulev's performances (I was ringside for his bout against Paolo Vidoz) and you gotta appreciate his technical skills but he has to start knocking his subpar opponents out. Helenius's hands appear to be significantly heavier.
            I agree.

I'm a fan of both Pulev and Helenius, but because he has been winning more impressively, I would have chosen Helenius for that #10 position.

If Helenius stops Sam Peter, he'll enter the top ten on most people's lists.

Comment

What's the story with Boytsov? I know that he had surgery and may have had an additional surgery after his last fight but I heard that he signed with GBP. Hopefully he can put his hand injuries behind him.

Comment

wow congratz!

Im very pleased with

Glazkov who fights Bakhtov
                Helenius who fights Peter
                and
                Pulev who seems to fight Austin next.

but not with Boytsov who hasnt fought any of note. I dont see anything special about him.

Comment

Originally posted by madamfackah View Post
                  wow congratz!

Im very pleased with

Glazkov who fights Bakhtov
                  Helenius who fights Peter
                  and
                  Pulev who seems to fight Austin next.

but not with Boytsov who hasnt fought any of note. I dont see anything special about him.
                  Boytsov has problems with his hands.

HW + brittle hands is not a good combination, though I like him as a compact HW who can crack based on what I've seen.

Comment

Seems like sauerland wants to positiion pulev very high on the wbc rankings!
                    So once vitali retires he will box with someone for the vacant belt!
                    Just like they did with povetkin for the wba title!

Comment

Working...
                    X