No announcement yet.

Building a gaming PC?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by timba View Post
    Basically, my laptop and desktop suck for games like Civ 5, and they certainly won't run the likes of Diablo 3 when it comes out. That's why I have decided to build my own pc.

Now I'm not looking to make an absolutely killer pc, but I would like build something that can play most games on high setting and at a decent resolution.

For around £570 I can build an Intel i5, GTX 460, based machine. However, I'm led to believe that this set-up is a little overkill for my needs.

Can anybody recommend a motherboard, CPU, and GPU combination that will play games on good settings, and last me through into 2012? I want to get the overall price of the complete build to around £400-450.

If you're not a member of a reputable pc forum, i suggest doing so. Read all the posts about the way people build their pc's. the budget, the games you intend to play, longevity...etc. Ask questions. i learned this way, besides getting certified in pc repair, I'm on my 6th build now and am happy with what i have.

These days you can pay less than i did and get more. Do your homework. Check out sites like cyberpower for compatibility and choices, but don't let them build it for you...just use the site for reference.

Comment

Originally posted by Tha Executioner View Post
      Yo...

I'm still on agp and I run crysis on med-high settings.

Rift on high.

It can still run the games I want it to still at a pretty good setting.

But I'm on agp...
      .... thats what i was saying.... a high end rig does not really surmount to PC longevity. All you have should be a rig with complementing parts....voltage distributed wisely and all.... I have my 5 year old PC with me and still works great even with Starcraft 2. The only adjustment i did was a 320MB DDR2 stick i replaced with a 1G and a newer LCD screen + internal Battery. Works charmingly well than my 1-1/2 y/old Samsung Sattelite Laptop.

Comment

build an apple for 3x the price

Comment

Working...
        X