No announcement yet.

When was prime Vitali Klitschko?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When was prime Vitali Klitschko?

I believe it was around 2011-2012. I think he looked great against Adamek and Chisora despite his injury in the 2nd-3rd round. Vitali showed in those two fights that he can play with you instead of fighting you first and dismantles when ever he wants.

I know that some of you consider it as a complete non-sense to include the Chisora fight, so let me give you the reasons why I believe was in his prime during that fight : - if you look at the very first rounds, Chisora kept on marching very aggressively but he didn't touch Vitali with a single headshot. After Vitali got injured, which was clearly obvious during the fight, he fought extremely smart by staying on the backfoot and countering only with his right arm. Chisora, at best, brushed Vitali's face a few times.

And what I find really intriguing with Vitali is that he is a master at not being touched with a very low guard (I will make a thread on low guards).

So, what's your take on that?
    2002-2004
    67.74%
    2008-2010
    25.81%
    2011-2012
    6.45%

Around the Lewis-Williams period. Absolute beast.

Comment

In Gomez fight IMO.

Comment

I do believe Vitali improved somewhat afterwards for a time but I must say I have never seen Vitali ever fight better than against Lennox.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
          Around the Lewis-Williams period. Absolute beast.
          He was very very agressive in those two fights

Comment

When he fought Lennox Lewis.

Comment

When he got his ass tanked by Lennox Lewis

Comment

Vitali looked the best 2002-04 but that wasn't the optimal way for him to fight. Vitali has two issues. Somehow fragile body and weak skin.

It's much smarter to fight the way he fought Gomez, Arreola than how he fought Lennox. I think the tactics in Lennox fight wasn't to take him early but to take Lennox to the late rounds and tired him before that.

IMO his body doesn't allow him to fight the way he fought prior he retired.

Comment

Vitali was just a kitten when he schooled lennox, he was at his best 2009 period imo.

Comment

Originally posted by Simurgh View Post
                    Vitali looked the best 2002-04 but that wasn't the optimal way for him to fight. Vitali has two issues. Somehow fragile body and weak skin.
                    whenever he stepped up he always had fragile skin and body.

It's much smarter to fight the way he fought Gomez, Arreola than how he fought Lennox.
                    its smarter for him to fight weaker opponents who aren't good enough to split his 'fragile skin' or beat him, yes.

I think the tactics in Lennox fight wasn't to take him early but to take Lennox to the late rounds and tired him before that.
                    by letting him rip his face up, yes. great tactic.

Comment

Working...
                    X