Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Josesito Lopez's Shocker Clears Way For Martinez-Chavez

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Josesito Lopez's Shocker Clears Way For Martinez-Chavez

By Jake Donovan - In a year filled with controversy and disappointment, Josesito Lopez did his part to free the sport of bad news and conflicts all in one shot.

For the second time in as many tries, Victor Ortiz failed to find a way to win inside the Staples Center in Los Angeles. The latest setback came in huge upset fashion, as Ortiz informed referee Jack Reiss at the end of nine rounds that he was unable to continue due to a broken jaw.

Flushed down the drain are plans for Ortiz to face Saul ‘Canelo’ Alvarez on September 15, a goal Lopez had from the moment the fight was prematurely announced less than two weeks ago. Lopez felt disrespected by the announcement, as if he were being overlooked in Saturday’s fight.

The career gatekeeper had a chance to do something about it and handled his business in a big way.

“I told everyone I was going to shock the world,” Lopez stated in the aftermath of the biggest win of an otherwise hard luck career. “Today is my day!”

Lopez knew going in that he would have to offer the fight of his life in order to secure victory. The final scorecards confirmed pre-fight suspicions that a knockout was the only way to go in a bout that provided non-stop entertainment for the 7,845 enthusiastic fans in attendance. [Click Here To Read More]

Last time Chavez fought in Vegas he tested positive for P.E.D's, I wonder how that will affect him mentally.

Comment

this fight can not come soon enough lets go martinez

Comment

Canelo vs. Berto! Berto would be a good test for Canelo, fast hands boxer type.

Comment

I'm sure Martinez is very happy now.

Comment

Originally posted by dachef51 View Post
            Canelo vs. Berto! Berto would be a good test for Canelo, fast hands boxer type.
            Lol Berto has other "problems" to settle before he gets in the ring.

Comment

Even before the stoppage, i had lost all interest in an ortiz/canelo matchup, even if ortiz had won.

Wonder whats next for canelo? Cotto? I know it would be a little sooner for cotto than he is become accustomed to, but he would have time to get some more rest in, and a full training camp.

Comment

It's shocking but I'm not shocked at all. The last time Ortiz was the headliner at the Staples Center he quit as well. I knew this wasn't a given for Ortiz to win this fight. I thought he would've shown more heart but what can you say about a guy who has a history of quitting and has been known to mentally becoming undone? Ortiz' reputation is now damaged beyond repair.

Comment

Good thing it ends in a stoppage.

Good thing the fight end in a stoppage. Wonder what was the score of the judges the time the fight was stopped. Boxing is not about pride and glory anymore, but business and money. The more a fight is being talked about, the more it has controversy within it, the better.

Comment

Come on BigPoppaPump I know Chavez is your man, but do you really have to change the title?

Comment

Working...
                    X