No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mikey Garcia: Rios is Too Big, Strong For Gamboa

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by APBrooklyn View Post
    These guys are among my top 10 favorite talents in the sport right now- been following gamboa for a long time and think he is indeed a rare talent- this does sound like a payday move for him though...2 weight classes is too much to jump up to fight someone like Rios.....I though that a fight with Broner would have perfectly timed for both fighters and would have been an amazing matchup. I hope that this doesnt mess up gamboas career...Rios has the reach advantage and hits extremely hard with both hands...and I definitely see this one going down like the Acosta fight. hope that Im wrong because I'd like to see gamboa fight FAIR tough opposition for a long time...I agree with mikey g on the outcome of this one though.
    Agreed to all. Gamboa is indeed a rare talent. No knock on Rios, he's a formidable fighter, but he's nowhere as special as Yuri. I don't think Gamboa will take a career altering beating in this fight, if he loses, but there was no need to risk a loss against a much bigger opponent at this stage. If Yuri wins this fight, it'll be huge; it'll signal the arrival of an emerging superstar.

Comment

Gamboa is too fast, elusive for Rios.

Comment

Working...
      X