Collapse
No announcement yet.

Broner vs Maidana will be FOTY no doubt

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should be good while it lasts...expecting Broner to Gatti Maidana, but I wouldn't mind seeing him eat shit!

Comment

Gonna be a fun night for everyone. Except maidana

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
        I expect Broner to win quite comfortably. Maidana is a gatekeeper basically.

Comment

I expect Broner to win quite comfortably. Maidana is a gatekeeper basically.
          I was skeptical when people told me how much Maidana has improved but I see it, he's really dedicated and his p4p power is undeniable. Maidana is being overlooked for this fight he's a really good fighter.

Comment

broner is a scrappy fighter who needs his opponent to come forward & make it a tare up..........no one will beat broner making it a brawl. not mythesse, maidana, rios, provodnikov.

you make it a brawl & you will get beaten badly.........

Comment

Originally posted by pigsfly View Post
              broner is a scrappy fighter who needs his opponent to come forward & make it a tare up..........no one will beat broner making it a brawl. not mythesse, maidana, rios, provodnikov.

you make it a brawl & you will get beaten badly.........
              Its weird because you could say the same about Maidana, he also likes when fighters come forward and trade with him (Ortiz,Karass,Lopez etc). Maidana hates spoilers and runners like Khan and Devon .

Comment

Originally posted by iseah100 View Post
                Maidana hasn't beaten one legitimate top fighter. He beats guys he should beat and then loses at the top level. That to me is gatekeeper status

Comment

Maidana hasn't beaten one legitimate top fighter. He beats guys he should beat and then loses at the top level. That to me is gatekeeper status
                  He isn't elite but he is a good fighter though as he was top 5 at LWW and is top 10 at WW.

To me a gatekeeper is someone who isn't top 10 in a division but is a test for someone who is up and coming but maybe you are right, people have different ways of looking at things.
                  Last edited by shenmue; 10-14-2013, 01:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by shenmue View Post
                    Its weird because you could say the same about Maidana, he also likes when fighters come forward and trade with him (Ortiz,Karass,Lopez etc). Maidana hates spoilers and runners like Khan and Devon .
                    Khan didn't spoil or run iirc. His speed was too much for Maidana for most of the fight, although he did get a little Cortez help late on. Broner will be the same I think, too fast for Maidana and better defensively.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler I View Post
                      Khan didn't spoil or run iirc. His speed was too much for Maidana for most of the fight, although he did get a little Cortez help late on. Broner will be the same I think, too fast for Maidana and better defensively.
                      Khan destroyed Maidana for most of the fight with his footspeed and handspeed, Broner has the handspeed but he's too slow on his feet. It'll be interesting if he gets caught.

Comment

Working...
                      X