Comments Thread For: Oner Explains Details of Sturm Paying To Avoid Golovkin

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sometimes boxing really gets on my ****

Comment

There's really little news here. That Sturm by the WBA was allowed to avoid Golovkin for years always had a foul smell of corruption of some kind. WBA was interested in having Sturm as their champ because he was/is a big earner and the sanctioning fees from a Sturm fight would be bigger than fees off of GGG.

Oner is really not a reliable source and this bit is presented without any evidence (so far). One has to wonder why he tells this story now when Sturm is no longer champion and has a fight with Soliman coming up shortly. Why didn't he come forward earlier when he could change how the alphabet boys rule? If he has damning evidence it should be no problem right?

Sturm ducked Golovkin. We know that. Oner tells how he did it without anything to back up his claim.

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
        Tomoro i am going to the WBA on behalf of Floyd Mayweather and am going to ask them to make him super champ
        I dont think it was a random guy, obviously someone with some WBA juice.

Comment

Ahmet is just bitter and butthurt because Adnan doesn't fight for him (didn't they have a contract at some point by the way ?), he's trying to tarnish Sturm's face because the only thing he can do is this kind of cheap attacks. Not saying Sturm isn't a ducker or he didn't pay the WBA though as it is obvious he did.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
            I do remember an interview where Oner said that he did it himself if I'm not mistaken ... I can't find the video though ! That would explain why HE tells all those stories.

Edit: Ok I hadn't read the article, there was a third party ...
            Last edited by sako5; 01-28-2013, 05:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
              Yeah. If you happen to believe Oner's story. It may or may not be true, but given Oner's history I wouldn't put my house on him telling the truth.

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
                Tomoro i am going to the WBA on behalf of Floyd Mayweather and am going to ask them to make him super champ

Embarrassing behavior for a champion.

Comment

Sturm already pays off the WBA through high sanctioning fees. I think he would have had enough pull with them not to need to hire a someone like that. That's why I find this story kind of fishy.

Comment

Here's the vid. Sturm paid 250,000€

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fi3PptXfc1I

Comment

Man, thats hilarious. The list of guys ducking GGG is pretty impressive. Am I allowed to add Quillin to that list, or will I open a can of worms?

On a serious note, GGG seems to have a lot of pro's considering alternative options then to fight him, quite one thing when you have us fans beating a drum, but when the fighters are doing it indirectly it does say something

Comment

Working...
                      X