Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why are people calling Broner-Malignaggi a cherry pick?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why are people calling Broner-Malignaggi a cherry pick?

After the Rees figh people were talking about how much he got hit by a little guy and how he's not as good as advertised. Now moving up 2 weight classes to fight an experienced champ top 10 at 147 and it's a cherry pick. Why is he held to such high standard already with only 24 or so fights. Enlighten me

If any of the other champs at 135 went up to 147 to fight Malignaggi, no one would be calling it a cherry pick. Theyd be giving them props.

But I guess Broner is held to a different standard.

Comment

does anyone see paulie as a threat?

does anybody put that poll up lol and you will have your answer

Comment

Originally posted by paulf View Post
        If any of the other champs at 135 went up to 147 to fight Malignaggi, no one would be calling it a cherry pick. Theyd be giving them props.

But I guess Broner is held to a different standard.
        all the other champs at 135 don't balloon up in weight to jr middleweights on fight night

Comment

Because Paulie don't have great power...they don't want to see Broner just lose...via Decision or something like that, they want to see him lose via KO

It think Paulie is a Solid Opponent for a fighter moving up and fighting at 147 for the very first time...Broner is still in the early stages of his career, WTF is the rush, people act like this is the last fight of his career and after Paulie he will retire or something

Comment

Paulie is not top 10 at 147, he just got his ass kicked by Cano. He has shown that he cant move anymore when a young, raw, slow guy like Cano just walks up to u and gives you a pounding. Thing with me is i'd rather a guy fight a division or 2 lower against the best rather then go up and fight fringe contenders

Comment

Pretty simple really, because he's leapfrogging a stacked 140 division in order to pick up an easy belt at 147 from a fading champ.

Comment

Originally posted by Southpawology View Post
                Pretty simple really, because he's leapfrogging a stacked 140 division in order to pick up an easy belt at 147 from a fading champ.
                Exatcly do people think he can get by

Matthysse
                Garcia
                Rios
                Alvardo
                Khan

with out getting knocked out lol

Hell people dont even think he can get pass

Vasquez
                Abril

without taking a L

dude is a hype that is being backed hard.

Comment

Originally posted by Southpawology View Post
                  ^^^^^^^ This

Comment

This is a disgraceful cherrypick, Broner ducking the entire 140 division to fight the weakest ¨champ¨ at 147

because past prime Paulette shouldn't even be champion anymore, he lost to Cano in his last fight

but hey, at least this is a step up in competition from the pillowfisted midgets Broner is accustomed to fight, Paulie ain't no midget

Comment

Working...
                    X