Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Jayson Velez being thrown to the lions?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Velez vs Ponce

That is good test for the Rican this will show him if he is ready to step up or not. If he beats Ponce then what will you say????

I never benched 360 lbs I thought I could not do it cuz others said I needed to take it by steps........gave it a shot and did it with more ease than I thought. Grow some balls and sky is the limit. Velez do your thing Ponce is not what he is hyped to be ask Juanma he knows

Comment

I can't wait for this fight its going to end by KO.

Comment

Only chance velez has is to catch de leon like lopez did. When he is cold in the early stages he seems to have the power and speed to pull it off. But ponce has tighten up his defence and should be to much for velez. And dulurme was exposed the argentine dude sucks maked de leon look like mayweather in there

Comment

If they're gonna be good, then they're gonna be good and no C class fighter with 30, 40, 50 fights would beat them. There's been much worse that have been overcome.

These guys fought A-/B+ fighters early in their careers, and they have turned out fine:

A 17 fight, young, green Floyd fighting the 130 Lineal champion who had 39 fights, only one loss, Genaro Hernandez.

A 20-0 Andre Ward, beating the Super 6 Tourney favorite Mikkel Kessler who had 43 fights and 1 loss.

De La Hoya at 16-0, 17-0, 18-0, 19-0 fought Molina[36-3], Ruelas[43-1], Hernandez[32-0], and Leija[30-1]. All top 10 fighters at LW at the time, and Oscar was only 22/23 years old.

A 18-fight Nonito Donaire fighting an undefeated, near 30-fight favorite Vic Darchinyan.

Hernandez, Kessler, Darcchinyan, Molina, Ruelas, Hernandez, Leija>PDL, Abregu, even the Vic that Donaire fought>the Vic that Del Valle fought.

Like I said, if you're going to be good, then you're going to be good. Stop with the stupid "being fed to lion's" excuse. If they're losing to a 40 year old Vic and Carlos Abregu, then they're not going to be that good regardless of how much time you give them.

Comment

Originally posted by IdNod4u2 View Post
            I was just watching the Soto Karass vs Aydin fight and noticed the popup for upcoming fights.

Jayson Velez vs Ponce De Leon....

The trend lately has been Dulorme (16 fights) loses to Abregu(35 fights)

Del Valle (16 fights) loses to Vic (43 fights)

Now Velez (20 fights) fights De Leon (47 fights) is it too early or is it time for Velez to shine?

Some will argue that Del Valle and Dulorme were "exposed"....But without flag toting or hate I honestly believe those two prospects were more talented than the guys they lost to....it was just too early.

Will Velez-De Leon be more of the same?
            I believe Ponce will box Velez ears off, but the kid does have pop so he might catch Ponce, you never know.

More then likely the fight will go to the cards and of course the crooked judges will give it to the Rican. Just go ask Burgos.

Comment

Originally posted by bigcursedawg View Post
              He's being thrown to Ponce de Lion literally.
              Now that was funny!

Comment

Both those guys you mentioned are a case of too soon, and maybe for Velez.

Its a double edge sword, move a guy to fast and he loses and you have bums on a forum saying they're exposed. You allow a guy to take his time and season up a bit and you have bums on a forum saying that they're hypejobs.

A troll has to troll

Comment

Working...
                X