No announcement yet.

Who wins: Williams vs Chavez Jr @ 160

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who wins: Williams vs Chavez Jr @ 160

I've been reading people's post on how Chavez is more a threat, more solid, etc than Williams. Got me wondering, who would win this one:

The Williams that fought Martinez (first time) vs the Chavez latest ver.

No poll needed, just sound off. I see William's reach and workrate piling in the rounds to a Williams UD.

Paul Williams UD

Outside of Texas of course.

Comment

It would look like the second half of the Williams-Margarito fight only Chavez is bigger and hits harder than Margarito plaster or no plaster.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePunchingBag View Post
        It would look like the second half of the Williams-Margarito fight only Chavez is bigger and hits harder than Margarito plaster or no plaster.
        well put I was gonna say if you watched margarito vs pwill then he would known Margarito could have won if he started fast. So Chavez starts fast, Pwill lose

Comment

Originally posted by RA-Box View Post
          I've been reading people's post on how Chavez is more a threat, more solid, etc than Williams. Got me wondering, who would win this one:

No poll needed, just sound off. I see William's reach and workrate piling in the rounds to a Williams UD.
          chavez jr in a contervisal ud

the same williams that got outboxed by quintana in the 1st fight? lol

Comment

P Willy whoops that ass

Comment

Margarito plaster or not, is a much better infighter than Chavez Jr and is much more skilled at cutting the ring down. He also throws a higher volume and has faster feet. People need to look at films for a change.

Plus i don't think it was Margarito starting slow, rather than Williams being too slick and fresh early for Margarito to get any work done. Look at the Alexander/Maidana fight. When you have a slick boxer in front of you who's doing all of the right things (tying you up to neutralize your offense, boxing from a distance, jabbing, staying off the ropes) against a plodder type, then its almost impossible for him to get any work done. It wasn't until Williams got tired that Margarito started to be effective. I think Williams slaps Chavez silly for 12 rounds.

Comment

Id take Chavez to be honest in a ud.

Comment

I love this fight.. but i think ill take chavez because hes more skilled on the inside.. and body work = bad news for lanky fighters

Comment

Originally posted by RA-Box View Post

Man, only reason people say this shit is cause of Chavez's size and his body work. Chavez hasn't accomplished or done shit for them to say he's better/more solid than Williams.

Comment

Working...
                    X