• Show
Clear All

Edwin Valero would of been an ATG but he was amazing in the time he fought

Comment

David Tua
      Diego Corrales
      Lamon Brewster
      Donald Curry

Is Saad an ATG? He's a favorite of mine.

Comment

I liked Valero too, just as a boxer, not outside of the ring, of course. I like the symmetry of a 27-0 record with all 27 wins by knockout. That's some heavy hands there. Not sure how he would've done against the better competition had he lived on. Even if he had, sounds like he would've went to prison anyway. If he were able to behave and stay out of trouble, he might've beat some of the top contenders, maybe a champion and lost to some others. Maybe like Tommy Hearns, who beat Duran, but lost to Hagler and Leonard, although he should've got the decision in the second fight, but that's a whole nother discussion.

Comment

I liked Marlon Starling back in the '80's. Too bad he was near the end of his career when I really noticed him. I thought he was very underrated. He had an amazing skill as he was incredible at blocking punches. I knew for sure he'd destroy Honeyghan!

Comment

Fighters who haven't been mentioned.

Jerry Quarry.
            Michael Dokes.
            Ray Mancini.

Comment

Micky Ward
              Diego Corrales
              Tom Molineaux
              Richard Dunn
              Alex Arthur
              Michael Gomez
              Alan Minter

I like Barnburner's mention of Michael Dokes, he was a talented fighter in a super-talented heavyweight era, hence slight lack of recognition today

Comment

Originally posted by SCtrojansbaby View Post
                Edwin Valero would of been an ATG but he was amazing in the time he fought

serious question :

are you a troll?

i like to think i know talent when i see. edwin valero had a ton of talent. 67 rounds pro against the guys he fought proves next to nothing, however

it's frankly an insult to great boxers and their accomplishments to think that way.
                Last edited by New England; 04-01-2012, 11:34 AM.

Comment

Jamie Moore is one of my all time favourites, a top 10 guy, and he didnt even win a world title. Though for a while he would have IMO been capable of doing it before weight making became such a negative factor

Danny Williams DESPITE beating Mike Tyson holds a special place with me ever since the night he got off the floor and fought on with a visibly dislocated shoulder to smash Mark Potter to defeat....

Guys like Tony Galento and Ricardo Mayorga are always appreciated when the come along despite a lack of technical skill

I felt like Ike Ibeabuchi would have gone on to be a bit special and certainly a champion but even at the little he did he has me in his fan base.

Miguel Cotto is my THIRD favourite fighter of all time behind only Tyson and Joe Louis....

Nigel Benn is another personal fav and top 10 guy

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                    serious question :

are you a troll?

i like to think i know talent when i see. edwin valero had a ton of talent. 67 rounds pro against the guys he fought proves next to nothing, however

it's frankly an insult to great boxers and their accomplishments to think that way.
                    Of course he is.

Look at the **** he say's. They way he convinces people he's being serious is the real genius behind it.

The guy say's Virgil Hill is greater than Whitaker yet people believe he's being serious

Comment

Oh and I forgot to mention the guy in my avatar.

Jack 'Nonpareil' Dempsey. Incredibly tough fighter, fought through tuberculosis towards the end of his career.

Comment

Working...
                      X