No announcement yet.

Which team wins this?????

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
    You mean ATG's from like the 60's? Because I can get with that. But if you're talking the 80's/90's era...then I can't get with that.

Jordan/Dominique/Drexler/etc. were some of the most athletic players ever to grace the sport -- if you put those same guys in their prime into today's NBA, they would obliterate most of their competition just like they did in their era

The NBA didn't really improve until the early-mid 90's. Many people do not know this, but the main reason is because modern training techniques. That is how Jordan became Jordan, he was actually one of the first to use these techniques.

Most NBA players burned out their CNS and bodies through basic workouts like dead lifts, squats, etc. however modern training methods allowed NBA players to train for their sport, it allowed them to remain injury free, increase overall endurance, and pack on weight while maintaining agility.

Many guys looked athletic and dominant back then, but that's because the guys they were playing with didn't benefit from modern techniques.

Very little was known about weight training back then, or proper nutrition. Guys mostly did basic compound exercises, they didn't even know how many reps or sets to do them for, how often to rest their body etc.

Comment

Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post
      "Closest" doesn't count and wasn't the question. Who's actually done it? Nobody.
      so care to enumerate the "all stars" hakeem had on his championship years? aside from near retirement clyde, do you consider that a team with minimum "2 all stars" team mate?

Comment

I like team B in a close one. The PF match-up is intriguing to me as well!

Comment

Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post
          Funny how you pick a video with Dr J past his prime as an example. That's probably the extent of your knowledge of Erving which explains a lot.

Should I show a video with Bird getting torched by Jordan's 63 points? Based on that game, Bird sucks.
          well since you seemed to know a lot from Erving, give me at least one ATG performance he did in playoffs or finals. you know, like the ones comparable to MJ's flu game or Bird's steal or Magic's playing center or Isiah's game 6 injured ankle or hell, Reggie Miller's 8 points in 10 secs. Erving is well known for his flashy dunks & flashy moves. For a guy so athletically gifted, you expect him to dominate that era where every player is in awe of him playing. But sadly, that's all he's got. Erving's NBA debut took him as far as NBA finals and was heavily favored to win. THey led 2-0 against Portland and then they choked, Portland won by winning 4 straight games. After that he never got back in finals until 4 seasons later but Magic spoiled that by playing center. Then Moses Malone came and won them in 1983
          Last edited by MaD RoBoT; 06-17-2015, 10:59 PM.

Comment

Kobe will 60% of the shots in team A the legends won't get in a groove and get blown out by 20+

Comment

Originally posted by MaD vEiN View Post
              i get the team aspect in winning titles but were talking about the 1983 76ers here, it is the most stacked team that year. hell he's not even the best player in that team, it's MosesMalone. Erving will be always remembered as one of the most athletic players in history but he will never be recognized with same level as MJ, Magic or Bird. Magic & Bird won as being the best player on their team and they carried them all thru the way.
              No one said he's Magic, Bird, Jordan, who are Top 5. That or the Top 10 is different than guys outside of it. But the doctor was certainly inside the Top 20 and Top 15 in my book. Moses Malone have been at that time the best player on that Sixers team, but it's not like Dr J didn't have as much or a lot to do with them winning bro. It's like holding it against Kobe that Shaq was there for those 3 titles, they BOTH played a pivotal elite roles in those titles. Even in the 1982-1983 season, he still dropped 21 points and nearly 7 boards a game.

Moses Malone is above him all time, but they are both fairly close. They are definitely one of the greatest 1-2 punches in history. I mean they actually managed to win a title in the toughest era ever.

Also, what did Moses Malone ever win prior to getting to Philly and teaming up with Dr J??? Not a damn thing.

Dr J prior to ever playing with Moses Malone still got to 3 NBA finals, though he lost there. But he still had to go through the Celtics twice to get there prior to ever playing with Moses Malone.

Dr J is certainly one of the greatest players to ever do it.

Comment

Working...
              X