Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Rise of Atheism in America (INFOGRAFIC)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Napoleontas View Post
    its can mean good for america.
    Religion keeps people morally sound.... Religion is good for humanity

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
      blah, blah, blah...........denounce it if you want as whatever you want but it is a sign of the times. Uncontrolled population growth, reversal of roles (whether gender or family leadership, i.e; moms are head of households telling the men what to do), increased procurement of nuclear weapons by countries, decrease in the Christian faith leaning towards the notion that man is the decider of the future, increased diseases amongst animals and man alike (akin to the notion that all meats will become cancerous), the increasing notion that peace in the middle east is not only needed but should be facilitated eminently, chaotic weather patterns and the further disparity between the rich and the poor.

Just a fulfillment of what has been put in scripture......truth!!
      your name is mathed and i thought ought to be a lot more smarter than that. but nevermind

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
        blah, blah, blah...........denounce it if you want as whatever you want but it is a sign of the times. Uncontrolled population growth, reversal of roles (whether gender or family leadership, i.e; moms are head of households telling the men what to do), increased procurement of nuclear weapons by countries, decrease in the Christian faith leaning towards the notion that man is the decider of the future, increased diseases amongst animals and man alike (akin to the notion that all meats will become cancerous), the increasing notion that peace in the middle east is not only needed but should be facilitated eminently, chaotic weather patterns and the further disparity between the rich and the poor.

Just a fulfillment of what has been put in scripture......truth!!
        Originally posted by Rancid Dope View Post
        true but it can also backfire in form of ignorance and fanaticism. Napoleon was an aethiest but he used religion like the catholic chruch and the pope as a tool.

Comment

Originally posted by Napoleontas View Post
          true but it can also backfire in form of ignorance and fanaticism. Napoleon was an aethiest but he used religion like the catholic chruch and the pope as a tool.
          mathed is an unreasonable christian and it shows....

Comment

Religion has nothing to do with morality. They attribute morality to scripture but there are ****ed up people of faith same as there are ****ed up people without faith...

Religion is actually the most divisive force in the world, unless you belong to their club you're not one of them but we're all just people.

Islamic Jihads, Romans persecuting Christians, Inquisitions, Aztec sacrifices, Thuggee murders, Salem witch hunts, Crusades, etc... The argument is always "well, they weren't really one of us"...

Comment

Originally posted by TheJoker View Post
              Religion has nothing to do with morality. They attribute morality to scripture but there are ****ed up people of faith same as there are ****ed up people without faith...

Religion is actually the most divisive force in the world, unless you belong to their club you're not one of them but we're all just people.

Islamic Jihads, Romans persecuting Christians, Inquisitions, Aztec sacrifices, Thuggee murders, Salem witch hunts, Crusades, etc... The argument is always "well, they weren't really one of us"...
              Immoral....There are always going to be the people that use religion the wrong way... But the basic principles of religion keep people in a moral box, religion keeps people sane...

Comment

Originally posted by Evilnos Unholy View Post
                Why is the heavily-tattooed, addict-looking bartender labeled as the atheist... In real life, I think it's more of the opposite. Many times, the heavily tattooed people are really the religious ones, or believe in god and crap
                Because that's the stereotype #1 regarding clothing/dress.

People with Tattoos and or Long Hair and or Piercings are the Devil.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Comment

Immoral....There are always going to be the people that use religion the wrong way... But the basic principles of religion keep people in a moral box, relgion keeps people sane...
                  Based on what evidence? There is nothing to suggest that religion keeps people sane...

Nothing against a belief in any God(s), to each their own but that statement has absolutely no validity. Can you provide a peer reviewed and majority consensus study that backs up that claim?

Comment

Why dont Atheists let people with religion have their fun? If they feel its fake then so be it, dont ruin it for other people

Comment

Originally posted by texanballer View Post
                      Why dont Atheists let people with religion have their fun? If they feel its fake then so be it, dont ruin it for other people
                      I know plenty of intelligent, thoughtful and honest religious people and I have absolutely no problem with their beliefs. The problem I have is unfounded and stupid claims as the basis for religious convictions (like religion keeps people sane). It's the claims I address, not the beliefs.

I have honest discussions with my friends all the time concerning religion and it doesn't degenerate into baseless claims and name calling. We can all be civil I think.

Comment

Working...
                      X