No announcement yet.

Have You Ever Been Sacked From Work?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have You Ever Been Sacked From Work?

Just got the can from work, the line manager was a ****** that could not make a decision and I had to make one before the deadline, this really hurt the line managers ego as she likes to have her name up in lights but cant ****ing make decisions and freezes like a rabbit in the headlights when under pressure.

My work has always been of the highest standard and the can was due to them claiming they were no longer able to support my continued development. Its basically my line manager saying "Im really embarrassed, you upstaged me by making the right decision when I was unable or unwilling to make one, so Im going to get rid of you to nurse my battered and bruised ego!".

I feel angry, but at the same time I have a new job, I was hired the next day, just the level the fact that I saved the company tens of thousands and this is how i get treated, oh well. so who else has been sacked from here? from where? how did you deal with it?
    Yes
    37.50%
    No
    62.50%

Nope and I hope it never happens. Can't imagine what I feels like. If I get sacked in my line of work it either means 1 of 2 things:

1) I'm a lazy so and so; or
    2) my career is over

Comment

Originally posted by Money_May View Post
      Nope and I hope it never happens. Can't imagine what I feels like. If I get sacked in my line of work it either means 1 of 2 things:

1) I'm a lazy so and so; or
      2) my career is over
      Ofcourse your money mayweather!

Comment

Attitude Matters Absolutely.....

Currently, I work in a high trauma environment with the homeless, and have for several years. I know my work is exemplary by almost any standard, but if my organization fired me they'd probably be doing me a favor. To answer the question, yeah, I've gotten canned before, but it had nothing to do with my quality of work, because I always bring it. In the end, it all boiled down to attitude, mine was terrible and it was obvious. Attitude matters where you work, so one's skills might be invaluable to the task at hand, but if one has a terrible outlook, you've undercut yourself by more than half. No one wants to work with someone that brings an attitude of self-importance and arrogance to a place where you have to be potentially up to eight hours or more together, that isn't inspiring and people want to be motivated and inspired.

This fact was never more true when America elected President Barack Obama the first time around. What I needed was some distance from my firing so I could look at it more objectively. A change of attitude got me in the door where I'm at now, it got me promoted, and has opened a lot of doors I thought would never open, all because I chose to adjust my attitude.

Getting fired feels terrible though....
        Last edited by Slip Stream; 01-06-2013, 07:41 AM.

Comment

if that's really the case

and i mean really the case, then you were what's known as "wrongfully terminated."

again, if your story really is the whole story, you are entitled to compensation. go over her head and report it to a superior. make sure you can document it. and call a lawyer before you do anything.

i can almost guarantee that it wasn't the case, and that there is more going on. companies can't just fire you for no reason. reasons are easy to come by, though. is the company under financial hardship? they don't need any other reason to fire you if they are, unfortunately.

and to answer the TS:
          i have been let go twice. once when the recession hit and i was doing electrical work during summer and winter breaks at college. the other when my boss injured himself and had to sell his mooring service. he died about a year and a half later. he was a good friend. RIP.

now i own my business. i've fired one person in my lifetime. i don't like to do it, obviously, but there's nobody paying my bills but me, and i know what my company needs. i don't like to boast, but i do very well for a 25 year old.
          Last edited by New England; 01-06-2013, 09:01 AM.

Comment

Yes, I beat up a couple worker who was verbally bullying me. it took 3 months of teasing til I broke. I was doing 12 hour shifts in a huge bakery, and it was the 10th hour on the 3rd day. I was tired, didn't sleep much and he got to me. it felt great to hear he cried afterwards.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

yea. threw a spatula at a co-worker while flipping burgers as a teen. i missed his head by centimeters and cracked the tile where his head was. i could have killed him to be honest.

good times.

Comment

Originally posted by TensionKiller View Post
                Yes, I beat up a couple worker who was verbally bullying me. it took 3 months of teasing til I broke. I was doing 12 hour shifts in a huge bakery, and it was the 10th hour on the 3rd day. I was tired, didn't sleep much and he got to me. it felt great to hear he cried afterwards.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

bakery as in retailing or bakery as in a huge commercial bakery?

i do business with a commercial bakery, and some of those jobs do not look like much fun.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                  bakery as in retailing or bakery as in a huge commercial bakery?

i do business with a commercial bakery, and some of those jobs do not look like much fun.
                  Commercial bro, tough job, noisey, hot, **** up your feet and hands. Had 600 staff at my bakery LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by TensionKiller View Post
                    Commercial bro, tough job, noisey, hot, **** up your feet and hands. Had 600 staff at my bakery LOL.

oh my gosh, that is one big bakery.

that one poops all over my little commerical bakery buddies.

i think they've got 50-100 workers. that place is a f#cking zoo, especially in the few weeks leading up to the holidays.

Comment

Working...
                    X