Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Superman Adonis vs Kovalev who wins after last night?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
    I don't think he sounded dodgey, what he said was very very true. Stevenson annihilated Dawson, THE man at 175 but a lot of people, me included, thought Cloud, the number 3 light heavy, a man who's been in the top 4 or 5 for a good few years now, would have a great chance. Stevenson didn't just win, he looked impressive doing so. First he schooled Cloud, then he broke his body and his heart. One of the performances of the year and in my opinion Stevenson is on his way to becoming fighter of the year.

Kovalev needs another fight and another great performances against a nother top 10 175 man because after last nights performance, ALL the balls are in Stevenson's court.
    Come on man. stop this nonsense. You thought Cloud was the number 3 LHW? Then that means Kovalev DOES deserve a shot at Adonis- considering the fact that Cloud got school by Campillo and Campillo should of been the unified champion when he fought Kovalev

inb4 Campillo sucks

If he sucks. Cloud sucks. If Cloud sucks. This win means nothing. If Cloud doesn't suck. Kovalev has done plenty in 21 career fights to fight Adonis.
    Which one is it?

Comment

Originally posted by King- View Post
      Come on man. stop this nonsense. You thought Cloud was the number 3 LHW? Then that means Kovalev DOES deserve a shot at Adonis- considering the fact that Cloud got school by Campillo and Campillo should of been the unified champion when he fought Kovalev

inb4 Campillo sucks

If he sucks. Cloud sucks. If Cloud sucks. This win means nothing. If Cloud doesn't suck. Kovalev has done plenty in 21 career fights to fight Adonis.
      Which one is it?
      I picked Stevenson rd 7, and it went pretty much as I'd though, 'cept fought at a slightly faster pace. Thing is, for all Adonis' vaunted power he didn't really come that close to the KO - he was beating on Tavoris good yeah, but it showed me that he ain't really the KO monster that everyone was excited about after the Dawson win.

I think that Stevenson is good, certainly better than Cloud who has been shown sadly lacking in his last two fights, but TBH I still have him a skill level below Kovalev. He might manage to land a flash KO on Sergei, but I simply see Kovalev breaking him down with combos while he's looking for an opening.

Physically Stevenson is very imposing, and his skillset is somewhat better than I recall, but then outboxing Cloud has been shown to be quite achievable. In fact, simply in terms of boxing skill, both Campillo and Hopkins outclassed him far more more thoroughly than Stevenson

Comment

this would be a damn good fight....i'd probably lean towards kovalev, but i wouldn't count adonis out..

Comment

It always hits the nerve to see a boxer drop his hands like that and disrespect the opponent during the fight. Pure lack of professionalism. I'd love to see him fight Kovalev, the fight needs to happen. Kovalev most likely knocks him out.

Comment

Judging by his post-fight comments, Stevenson is intending on ducking SK. He doesn't want it with Sergey Kovalev, that much is clear.

Comment

straight up 50/50 fight. Man that would be a crazy fight. I don't see how anyone can pick a winner when both guys can put your lights out anytime and are both skilled.

Comment

I thought Stevenson's answer when asked about Kovalev was rather odd.

Comment

Working...
                X