Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you are OK for Khan's points deduction for pushing, what about holding?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you are OK for Khan's points deduction for pushing, what about holding?

In many fights you see guys headbutting, but particucarly holding. It is ALSO illegal, yet happens a lot. Some how I can't see fighters getting 2 deductions for holding, which happens a lot.

I do feel Khan was treated differently to a fighter that hugs/holds a lot. I mean a lot of fighters hold when hurt, and it is illegal, yet very rarely would one get a points deduction for holding when hurt. In fact I haven't seen it myself.

Originally posted by ChristianBale View Post
    In many fights you see guys headbutting, but particucarly holding. It is ALSO illegal, yet happens a lot. Some how I can't see fighters getting 2 deductions for holding, which happens a lot.

I do feel Khan was treated differently to a fighter that hugs/holds a lot. I mean a lot of fighters hold when hurt, and it is illegal, yet very rarely would one get a points deduction for holding when hurt. In fact I haven't seen it myself.
    DUDE.

If you push / hold / elbow / headbutt / etc. once in awhile, you're gonna get away with it. If you do it a few times a round, you're going to get away with it.

But if you push 10,000x with the Ref constantly warning-- hey maybe you should think about stopping.

Comment

If a fighter gets a point for excessive holding, then continues to hold excessively in that round and every other round to follow, as well as headlocking, hitting on the break, holding the opponents glove/back of the neck and shoving......constantly......another deduction is probably on its way...

Comment

The ridiculous thing is that khan kept on pushing even after the second point deduction. But yeah, I would have preferred a point deduction for all the clinching he did because that ****s up the flow of action more that the pushing.

Comment

They were very harsh deductions for Khan. I think such a minor indescretion should not be made to affect the outcome of the fight like that.

Many fighters get away with far worse. Check out the video below; holding, pushing, elbows and low-blows all considered clever tricks of the trade.

Comment

My issue is not the warnings, it is the lack of warnings for hikding in other fights.

For example Hopkin's ofen hits with a fast right and gets close and holds. Now he can do that quite a bit in some fights. Since holding is illegal, would it be right to warn him everytime?

If it is the case, then perhaps a Joe Calzaghe fight he would have had quite a few deductions.

Comment

There are inevitable clinches (Calzaghe v Hopkins) but I absolutely feel that excessive holding should be punished regularly. It slows the action and hurts the sport. The #1 thing my friends complain about when I make them watch boxing is the frequent holding by some boxers. Changes it from a fight to a game.

Comment

Originally posted by Slightly Dazed View Post
                There are inevitable clinches (Calzaghe v Hopkins) but I absolutely feel that excessive holding should be punished regularly. It slows the action and hurts the sport. The #1 thing my friends complain about when I make them watch boxing is the frequent holding by some boxers. Changes it from a fight to a game.
                Just what I thought.

Refs should be consistent. If Peterson got warned for a low head, he still kept on doing it til the end from my memory. Now when do you decide when it is punishable?

Comment

My issue is not the warnings, it is the lack of warnings for hikding in other fights.

For example Hopkin's ofen hits with a fast right and gets close and holds. Now he can do that quite a bit in some fights. Since holding is illegal, would it be right to warn him everytime?

If it is the case, then perhaps a Joe Calzaghe fight he would have had quite a few deductions.
                  Lack of warning?
                  OH LOL!
                  :boobies:

Comment

Originally posted by trampstank View Post
                    They were very harsh deductions for Khan. I think such a minor indescretion should not be made to affect the outcome of the fight like that.

Many fighters get away with far worse. Check out the video below; holding, pushing, elbows and low-blows all considered clever tricks of the trade.

And still, the only ref in god knows how long to actually call people on rule breaking......gets pissed on.

This is why boxing will always have a dark cloud over it.

Noone wants the sport to survive, they're just looking out for individual interests.

Comment

Working...
                    X