No announcement yet.

Hozumi Hasegawa vs Fernando Montiel

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hozumi Hasegawa vs Fernando Montiel

Am I the only one who's even more thrilled about that than about Mayweather-Mosley? Don't get me wrong, the other one is the biggest fight in a long time and it will be interesting to see how Mayweather will deal with probably his biggest in-ring adversity yet (I think he will prevail. too fast, too clever) and I'm so looking forward to it, especially with a great first 24/7 episode. But Hasegawa-Montiel is something else and has a lot of possible outcomes, very very excited about that, in case you haven't noticed by now.

Both on the top of their game, both with two losses (Hasegawa very early in his career, Montiel against top opposition also from years ago), for both probably the biggest fight so far and most importantly: both did their best to advertise this fight by getting flashier recently. Hasegawa's improved ko ratio against very decent opponents lately is quite a beauty and Montiel's bodyshot against Ciso Morales earlier this year wasn't any less impressive. I think at this point, they deserve all the spotlight they can get.

Here's a cool video to get you pumped up (not mine, so all credit to the owner):

P.S: War Hozumi!

I'm definetly anticipating this fight, the winner should be getting mentions in top 10 p4p lists

Comment

Hasegawa will probably stop Montiel in 8 or 9 rounds, but i'm a Montiel fan and have been for a long time.

War Cochulito!!!

Comment

Montiel struggles badly with the Southpaw stance from what ive seen, he should of lost to Gorrez imo, he did lose to Too Sharp Johnson and he got nailed in a recent fight against a Southpaw (Alejandro Valdez)that should of been called a KD imo, i like Montiel to.

Comment

Montiel is fighting arguably the most skilled southpaw in the world. His ass is toast.

Comment

Man tell me about it. This fight is what I feel is the most evenly matched fight with 2 very skillful fighters in a long long time.

Comment

Originally posted by rochemback View Post
              Am I the only one who's even more thrilled about that than about Mayweather-Mosley?
              no you are not. a couple of threads have been created asking "what's your most anticipated fight the next couple of months" and i always made sure i listed this one at the top.

2 fighters in their prime at the top of the division, who also happen to be skilled, offensive fighters? c'mon now, we hardly EVER get fights like this.

Comment

there is some great fights this year the match ups we are all after seem to be happening well some of them anyways

can't wait i hope montiel wins though

Comment

I am definately excited for this fight.

Comment

man u all gonna be shocked when montiel kos him

Comment

Working...
                    X