Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Timothy Bradley: Standing There and Trading Was Idiotic

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Timothy Bradley: Standing There and Trading Was Idiotic

The best fights for the fans are not always the best fights for the fighters themselves. And so while Timothy Bradley might have gained many more fans after his brutal war this past Saturday with Ruslan Provodnikov, the bout didn’t at all follow the strategy that had been planned.

“I learned that I am my own worst enemy. Standing there and trading with a big puncher was an idiotic move,” Bradley wrote Wednesday in a chat hosted on ESPN.com. “I really don't know [why] I did it, I really don't. I guess I had to do what I had to do. The game plan was to box him, but I didn't do it. I wasn't listening to my corner. I have to work on my defense a little more, and I'm my own worst enemy. I’ve always said I’m going out swinging.”

Yet he had started out swinging, too, which left him more vulnerable to getting hit early and often, hurting him and dragging him into an extended battle with a heavy-punching Provodnikov.
    [Click Here To Read More]

"A lot of things that happened, I don't even remember."

That's some scary ****.

Comment

Originally posted by ddangerous View Post
      "A lot of things that happened, I don't even remember."

That's some scary ****.
      Did you see the post fight interview? Dude said he was concussed and was still dizzy. This was at least 7-10 minutes after the fight. I think he killed a few brain cells that fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Suavecito80 View Post
        Did you see the post fight interview? Dude said he was concussed and was still dizzy. This was at least 7-10 minutes after the fight. I think he killed a few brain cells that fight.
        Yes, I did. He was definitely loopy to put it mildly.

Comment

hope he rest it out and only do one more fight this year. boxing fans should appreciate that he fought his heart out after being hurt like that. it guaranteed that bradley will box this guys socks off in the rematch.

Comment

Yes it was Bradley,any fool can stand and throw punches,it was exciting but dumb and you may have lost some years off of your career by doing it.See Hopkins learned a long time ago not to enter the ring trying to satisfy fans who will love you one day and hate you the next.You let a few bitter busters get under your skin and made you fight a ******ed fight..but props to you for showing mad heart and fortitude but you got to much talent to fight like that man

Comment

Bradley is a true warrior and a true champion. I love his approach to the sport. He realized after the Pacquiao fight that he wrongfully lost a lot of respect from fans. So like a true warrior, he made the decision to go toe to toe with this VIOLENT puncher and was willing to go out on his shield simply to prove a point. As a fan of boxing, I admire that and was thrilled. But as a fan of Timothy Bradley, I am very concerned. I hope that war didn't do any major damage and shorten his career in any way. I hope he goes back to being a technician in the ring that only exchanges when it is safe and necessary. Boring or not, when he boxes, there are not too many guys at 140 or 147 that can deal with him.

Comment

Originally posted by Money Team. View Post
                Yes it was Bradley,any fool can stand and throw punches,it was exciting but dumb and you may have lost some years off of your career by doing it.See Hopkins learned a long time ago not to enter the ring trying to satisfy fans who will love you one day and hate you the next.You let a few bitter busters get under your skin and made you fight a ******ed fight..but props to you for showing mad heart and fortitude but you got to much talent to fight like that man
                I agree 100%.

Comment

It made for great television though.

Comment

It is nothing wrong with it though, Bradley was landing some excellent combos at times but you have to know when to pull back, he would pull back to late and Prov would catch him, usually bring moves that big head around a lot more and duck underneath a lot of punches but for this fight his reflexes look kinda OFF

But standing in there will likely get him another big payday so doing that probably was worth it

Comment

Working...
                    X