No announcement yet.

Reasoning why Canelo chose Khan?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reasoning why Canelo chose Khan?

Outside of starpower and the money a fight with Khan brings this match up still makes me scratch my head. I mean its not like Canelo is any of these other fighters that never had or don't have big money fights available. Canelo never been the pay me what I deserve type of fighter. Maybe its because he never had to with him being a draw. Either way, he's been in tougher fights (Trout and Lara) that paid out way less.

I figured he would use his May fight to prepare himself for the move up to 160 and the type of style GGG would bring. This fight does neither. And it wouldn't make sense just to jump in that fight against GGG without preparing. GGG's too good to do that.

Do you guys think he's specifically using Khan to prepare himself for a fighter with similar skill sets (speed, activity, footwork). Possibly Pac-Bradley winner? Maybe bait Floyd out of retirement for a lucrative rematch for fight #50 for lineal MW championship?

Because Canelo knows that Khan is good enough to beat Mayweather or Pacquiao at 147, he's one of the best fighters in the world at this point. Like Khan, Canelo wants to fight the best fighters out there, they've both shown that already.

Comment

Canelo is a f.uck boy. How many undersized fighters he already fought? Yes, Angulo was as big as Canelo but he was shot to **** and Kirkland just not that good anyways....

Maybe Canelo desperately trying to get a KO win with his overrated power, haha

Comment

Originally posted by From Russia View Post
        Canelo is a f.uck boy. How many undersized fighters he already fought? Yes, Angulo was as big as Canelo but he was shot to **** and Kirkland just not that good anyways....

Maybe Canelo desperately trying to get a KO win with his overrated power, haha
        I get what you're saying, and I know Khan is chinny but style wise it isn't the most optimal one for Canelo to get a KO. Canelo's most recent KO's have been against guys who brought the fight to him, ala Kirkland and Angulo. Yes Khan has questionable whiskers but his speed and lateral movement make it more difficult to KO than a guy like Lemiuex or Marco Antonio Rubio who come right to you.

Comment

Because Khan has a good relationship with Golden Boy and him and Alvarez get on pretty well

both were looking for a fight

Comment

It's a good payday. The bout it's a ****ing mismatch.

Comment

Originally posted by FlatLine View Post
              Because Canelo knows that Khan is good enough to beat Mayweather or Pacquiao at 147, he's one of the best fighters in the world at this point. Like Khan, Canelo wants to fight the best fighters out there, they've both shown that already.
              Then fight Roman Gonzalez. He is also a terrific fighter. Canelo is a coward who never fights without size advantage. GGG was a fool when he agreed to wait on canelo. He should've forced WBC to strip Canelo and continue with his career as a real MW.

Comment

Originally posted by IFightDirty View Post
                I get what you're saying, and I know Khan is chinny but style wise it isn't the most optimal one for Canelo to get a KO. Canelo's most recent KO's have been against guys who brought the fight to him, ala Kirkland and Angulo. Yes Khan has questionable whiskers but his speed and lateral movement make it more difficult to KO than a guy like Lemiuex or Marco Antonio Rubio who come right to you.
                No, he is not hard to hit, the reason why he wasnt KO'ed in recent years is because he hasnt fought punchers. His opponents since Garcia:

Molina, Diaz, Collazo, Alexander and Algieri.

Comment

Because he lacks balls

Comment

i still remember when i and many other were saying that garcia/guerrero was pointless, can't find words to describe this fight

Comment

Working...
                    X